Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 11 weeks

(12 Posts)
Manctart Sun 12-Nov-17 08:07:06

Just after some advice and honest stories. Has anyone had bleeding and all fine? I have woken up this morning with bright red blood and some clots which is really worrying me. I am going to go to the EPU but would rather be prepared...

Mascarawandlady Sun 12-Nov-17 08:17:17

Didn't want to read and run. I had bleeding at 11 weeks but a small amount and no clots. It didn't work out for me. I'm sorry you are going through this. flowers

SparrowandNightingale Sun 12-Nov-17 08:25:35

I had bleeding for a morning at around 11 weeks. Bright red blood but no clots. I am happy to say he is now 13. I know how lucky I was and I have never been more terrified.
I will be thinking of you.
Do you have real life support?

Manctart Sun 12-Nov-17 08:31:29

Thanks for your replies ladies. I'm on my way now with my husband so yes do have support. I will let you know how it goes, just trying to be calm

NickMyLipple Sun 12-Nov-17 08:34:51

I had a very large bleed with clots at about 11+5. I bled through all my clothes and onto my chair at work. Everything was okay and I'm now 19 weeks. We aren't sure what caused it but seems like no harm done.

Laucar Sun 12-Nov-17 08:41:20

Yes - I have had several bouts of bleeding. I have a sub chorionic haemorrhage - basically a blood clot that erupts. It’s not that uncommon. It’s very scary when it happens. Have you had a scan at all yet?
Wishing you lots of luck. Do prepare yourself that they may not scan you today - you might want to see if you can get a private scan lined up in case you don’t want to wait (if that is an option).

Whitley83 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:39:27

Hope it's all OK. Can you let us know how you get on xx

Manctart Sun 12-Nov-17 10:56:25

Hi everyone thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I have had my cervix examined but it's apparently at a weird angle so they couldn't fully see it. It doesn't look like there is any active bleeding which is hopefully a good sign. I am going back for a scan tomorrow so will get more of a definite answer then. Thanks again everyone flowers

Shehz21 Sun 12-Nov-17 16:33:56

Goodluck for your scan tomo OPflowers

SparrowandNightingale Mon 13-Nov-17 22:52:06

Hope everything went well today. Thinking of you.

Manctart Tue 14-Nov-17 06:33:37

Hi Sparrow I am so happy to say everything was fine yesterday and they couldnt work or what caused the bleeding. So relieve I really though it was the end but thankfully everything ok for now! And it was amazing to see the baby smile also it turns out I am actually 12+4 now so a bit further along smile thanks again for replying your responses all really helped, it was good to know people had both experiences so I could be prepared.

SparrowandNightingale Tue 14-Nov-17 19:02:13

That is wonderful news. Thank you for the update. Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now