Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else suffered with diarrhoea in pregnancy?

(19 Posts)
MummyToASassy4yrOld Sat 11-Nov-17 22:11:23

Hi.. Another embarrassing post.. But by any chance anyone else suffering/ suffered with diarrhoea?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and yesterday and again today when going the toilet it's been like water. 😳🙈. I feel really worried as never experienced this with my first it was more the other way around and got constipated. I really don't know if it's a bug, something hasn't agreed with me or just because my diet has changed..as I'm not eating as much as i used to eat.
I feel really worried about if it can effect baby and wonder when it's best to get in touch with the Doctor?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks xx

user9217 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:55:43

Hi @MummyToASassy4yrOld!!! I had a nasty stomach bug when I was around 7 months pregnant. It was awful - both ends!! (Sorry tmi) haha I just kinda had to wait it out. I felt awful cause I thought baby wasn’t getting anything but he was totally fine unaware anything was happening!!! but just tried to have water when I could. Hope it passes for you soon!!!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sun 12-Nov-17 08:16:24

Thank you so much for getting back to me and your advice @user9217 . I just can't put my finger on what it is, I feel so anxious this time round it's awful do every little thing I get or have I worry about the baby. I've not thrown up as yet but still got mild tummy pains then when i did go the toilet it was like water. Sorry (tmi)
So embarrassed i told my husband he seems to think it's maybe because It's just your body going through changes and worrying about it is obviously making it worse. 🙈. Wondering whether to call the doctors for some advice. x

Lovenluck Sun 12-Nov-17 08:19:55

For me morning sickness presents as nausea and diarrhoea. This is my third pregnancy and it’s been like that every time! I think progesterone mucks up your digestive system so for some people it’s constipation and for others it’s the opposite. It’s not uncommon to get an upset tummy during early pregnancy as part of the whole delightful morning sickness package!

However, I know that is normal for me - I get it pretty much the whole way through the first trimester - and it’s not like I’m going 10 times a day or anything. So, if you are worried then get yourself checked out!

LeaderoftheAteam Sun 12-Nov-17 08:23:06

Caffeine and milk (luckily not cheese and choc) make me go to the loo sharpish now! I’m only 5 weeks but this is 3rd pregnancy. Could it be linked with something you are eating? The joys of hormones and pregnancy

Feelingstressed444 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:51:05

I can completely relate.
I'm 17 weeks now and have had diorreah since the first few weeks. When I told the gp she said it would have been my bowel muscles loosening and just an unlucky symptom. My midwife said the same and just sympathised. It's really distressing to be honest especially because it makes you feel more nauseous! Wishing you the best

cavatron Sun 12-Nov-17 08:54:41

Five weeks here and exactly the same symptoms! With my first pregnancy I had severe nausea every evening - never sick, but felt as if I was going to be any minute. This time round it's the same time but the other end! On the plus side I go to Slimming World with a friend from work (no one knows yet) and I've lost for two weeks 😂 My doctor said the same - totally normal and expected. If you're worried go to the GP for peace of mind over anything else!

Loosemoose28 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:08:39

Upto 12 weeks I woke up with an explosive upset tummy. Just resssured normal.

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sun 12-Nov-17 14:26:15

It's the most awful feeling I thought being constipated was bad. My stomach is in knots and I feel so tired as well. I've been like this since Friday night, Sat went twice and then again today been once so far. Managed to eat some toast but feel really sick.
Glad it's normal but still can't decided if it's a bug or just part and parcel of being pregnant .

magpiemay Sun 12-Nov-17 14:32:40

I’m 11 weeks and had this up until last week... I’m hoping it has passed now. It was particularly bad in the evenings a few hours after dinner.

I think so long as you keep hydrated it can’t do any harm.

Hope you feel better soon!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sun 12-Nov-17 15:46:44

Thank you all so very much I really appreciate all your reassuring messages. Praying it passes soon. It makes you feel so crap. 😔 x

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sun 12-Nov-17 15:55:47

Random question but when you ladies felt like this.. With tummy aches what is the best food to eat? To make it stop or that's easy on the stomach? Thanks x

cavatron Sun 12-Nov-17 22:33:20

The BRAT diet. Have a look at it on google x

Bubblebubblepop Sun 12-Nov-17 22:34:13

Yes- it's supposed to be hormonal. I'm another who found it was exasperated by dairy

Ct17218 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:43:22

I got it loads around that time. Mw said it was to do with hormones increasing. Made sense as I got the same thing when af was in town!

bettydraper31 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:43:38

I also had this for around a week at 13 weeks ish. It was horrible, but then it did pass x

NW10teacher Sun 12-Nov-17 23:04:22

I can totally sympathise! I have had this on and off throughout my whole pregnancy and it's been horrid. BUT, as reassurance, it hasn't caused me any problems. I've had a really straightforward (twin) pregnancy and it has usually resolved after a few days.

I actually finally thought I was over it and now (at 33 weeks) I've spent most of today on the loo. Horrible tummy ache and diarrhoea. My MW also just said it's bowel muscles loosening as things stretch, but I'm having constant panics thinking what if it's the first symptom of labour?!

AddictedtoMusicals Mon 13-Nov-17 08:06:03

I'm 6+6 and went to the docs earlier this week to ask about having the runs as I'm feeling sick but not actually being sick just watery poo. Apparently some people have that instead of puking... not sure which is worse!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Tue 14-Nov-17 22:29:02

Thank you ladies for all
Your kind reassuring messages!

I'm hoping it's gone, fingers crossed. Not had it now for two days. 😅 I tired the BRAT diet especially yesterday and ate normal today so hoping I'm ok. I sympathise with anyone that has to go through its it's awful. 😔

I've actually felt ok today apart from feeling very sick when I feel hungry and the dreaded brushing teeth. Hoping this second Trimester gives me time to recover and get some energy back.
Good luck Ladies! 😘

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now