Talk

Advanced search

Posting again - is this positive?

(69 Posts)
EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 13:18:19

Apologies for repeat post, I was in a flap and initially posted under family planning. Thanks to those that replied there... maybe more traffic here!
Just did a clear blue, immediate faint line but I dont know if eyes deceive me. Have also just done a cheap clear & simple and it’s negative! How does that work, are the cheap ones less or more reliable? Thankyou x

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:20:41

1000% pregnant..
Congratulations flowersflowersflowers

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:22:11

Looks pregnant to me. Congrats smile

Littlebatcalledlucille Sat 11-Nov-17 13:22:18

Aye! Congrats!!!flowers

NoNoCharlieRascal Sat 11-Nov-17 13:22:23

Yup, congratulations! Wishing you a happy pregnancy flowers

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 13:25:02

Oh bloody hell, really?! I’m 46. I thought I was having some kind of menopausal meltdown. Would it be normal for it to be negative on the cheap tests?!
Thankyou... not sure how I feel... x

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:25:34

I did a clear and simple test when I was 6 weeks and it came up negative.
You are definitely pregnant x

Teddy1970 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:35:36

Don't want to be on a downer, but if you are going through menopause then you can get a false positive result, it actually states on the Fertility Friends site not to rely on Clearblue...can you get a blood test done at some point? I hope you get the result you want OP, good luck!

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 13:38:16

Thanks @Teddy1970, that’s good to know! And possibly reassuring...

Teddy1970 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:44:05

Pregnancy at 46 is not unheard of, my mum conceived my sister at 47! So you might be pregnant or you might not. Do you think you'll get a blood test done?

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 13:51:36

I’m actually booked for a gynae appt and scan next week! My periods have been very erratic this year and I haven’t had a period since August...for the last six weeks I’ve had awful symptoms of cramps, nausea, peeing a lot... because I’ve had ovarian cysts before the doc has referred me back to the gynae. I keep saying ‘the last time I had these symptoms I was pregnant’, thinking I KNOW it can’t be that because I’m peri. I’ve done a few of the cheap tests, doc did one too a few weeks ago, that were negative. I did the clear blue one today out of desperation because I felt a tightening in my abdomen, just like when I was pregnant. I’m not sure what to think! And not sure if I should wait til my scan or ask for a blood test at GP sooner. Oh dear, this is quite unexpected...

Teddy1970 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:20:45

Ooh good luck Ellen!

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 14:23:52

Thanks Teddy, thanks everyone who replied! X

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 15:30:08

Clear Blue digital says negative!

bettydraper31 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:32:05

I've had a false positive with those ones before... hope you get the result you wish for smile x x x

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 15:41:56

Thankyou @bettydraper31
One possibly positive and two negative, with loads of pregnancy symptoms. Not sure what to think!

bettydraper31 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:46:59

Oh man it's such a minefield! There is nothing to do other than wait a few more days! Longest days ever! I've been there many times xx

CL1982 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:03:24

Try with a FRER-those tests are notorious for false positives and indents sad

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 17:33:15

Thanks @CL1982
Do you mean the Clearblue dipstick ones give false positives?
I’ve ordered some First Response ones from Amazon Prime as I’m unlikely to be near a shop this weekend, are those the ones you mean?

CL1982 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:36:40

Those are the ones smile yes, even clearblue blue tests have come out pretty poor for indents for very early testing. Best bet is always a red dye test-not fail safe but much more reliable! When are they arriving?

EllenRipley Sat 11-Nov-17 18:02:53

Tomorrow sometime! It wouldn’t be very early testing, my last period was mid-August. But then again, they’re erratic so it’s hard to tell if/when I ovulated. I’ve had the symptoms, if that’s what they are, since the end of sept/start of Oct and negative tests since then - until today. So I’m thinking should it be a positive line, it’s incredibly faint considering I’d be more than a month pregnant. So despite many folk shouting positive from the pic, I’m still not convinced! It would be a good explanation for all my symptoms though 🤔

MsHarry Sat 11-Nov-17 18:05:06

Definitely. Congratulations!

MsHarry Sat 11-Nov-17 18:07:41

Just seen that you're 46, same as me. your lines are clearer than mine ever were. My first Dr test was negative but clear blue positive. That line is 17 now. Not sure how I'd feel and DH had snip years ago but this could be a wonderful thing, good luck.

CL1982 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:21:35

I still say double check with a red dye. I have been around the TTC blocks recently and those bloody blue dye tests are horrendous early on..... smile Super drug do a really good veery early test actually and worth trying if you need to get an answer tomorrow? Just make sure the hold is nice and long before you POAS....

Rainbowandraindrops67 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:30:42

Very occasionally a positive test can show cancer...
ovarian.org.uk/news-and-blog/blog/can-pregnancy-tests-be-used-to-diagnose-ovarian-cancer/

I really hope it’s pregnancy! That is def a positive test but it is faint so your hormones are low - possibly very early or possibly a chemical pregnancy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: