Talk

Advanced search

I'm so worried about miscarriage

(11 Posts)
Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:25:37

i can't shake the feeling.

This will be our first , I'm 5 weeks 1 day and symptoms coming and going
I'm worried about absolutely everything I had a mc in 2012 and i know I shouldn't but I keep thinking of that. But I was only around 3weeks I think when it happened.

I was then infertile for 5 yrs due to endometriosis, cyst and blocked tube.
I've caught straight after surgery and it all seems to good to be true.

Can anyone please reassure me.
I'm sorry if this post is morbid

Moo678 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:10:24

It is so hard. I had two easy uncomplicated pregnancies in my late twenties. Six years later we tried to conceive #3 and I had three miscarriages for not apparent reason. I think once you've had one you can never really relax and enjoy pregnancy again. I'm now 14 weeks and 3 scans in but I still don't really believe I'm having a baby.

Be kind to yourself, it's ok to worry but try and take your mind off it as much as possible. I paid £50 for a reassurance scan at 7+4 and I think it did help. Your local EPU may offer you an early scan in view of your history (I got an NHS at 10 weeks too) so it could be worn phoning them. Good luck and congratulations flowers

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:21:00

I am paranoid too as I’m now pregnant following years of infertility and treatments. However, I keep on trying to tell myself that worrying won’t make it better so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:31:24

I think that's my issue, because of years of trying and bfn every month but pregnancy symptoms because of endometriosis I can't actually let it sink in.
Least we are not alone.
And I'm so sorry to hear of your three mc 😢 That must've been A very hard dark road for you.
I think I may pay for a private scan though to be on safe side xx

Caspiana Sat 11-Nov-17 14:35:21

You poor thing - sadly no one can give you any guarantees, but just remember that the majority of pregnancies go on to be successful, by 5 weeks it’s not far off 90% of pregnancies. So it is far more likely than not that you’ll be fine.

Also symptoms do fluctuate, please do not worry about that.

Best of luck flowers

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:07:43

Caspiana

Thank you so much for your kind words 💐 My OH keeps telling to stop as that's all I'm going on about. Lol I suppose everyday is that step closer so that's what I'm
Holding onto . Xx

CL1982 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:02:10

I know it's hard (I had x3 losses) but please be as positive as possible! Many more women have healthy pregnancies than have miscarriages ❤️

BartlebyTheScrivener Sat 11-Nov-17 17:17:59

Hi Sarah, I have been where you are now and I know how utterly exhausting and and all consuming the worry can be. I had an early miscarriage and quite a bit of fertility treatment, I think these things can add to the worry considerably.
Firstly, you can reasonably expect all sorts of unpleasant symptoms that are entirely normal ranging from period type pain to spotting to not having any symptoms.
My advice would be to take each hour and day at a time and find a way of relaxing that works for you, I found relaxation/ hypnotherapy CDs really useful. Also do not beat yourself up about worrying, nobody could have been more anxious than me throughout my two pregnancies but I had two healthy babies at the end of them.( I was convinced it would never happen and am still amazed and grateful)
Also, it is ok to stop worrying, it doesn't mean you don't care and your body will carry on looking after your baby without you having to think about it all the time. It can feel like such a responsibility but at this point it is out of your control.
Best top tip and maybe a bit TMI but: stop looking when you wipe. Wipe, chuck it down the loo and flush.
Believe that you can and will be a mummy. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. You've got this xxx

Wolfiefan Sat 11-Nov-17 17:20:46

It's not morbid. You're only worried due to a previous loss. My first pg ended in mc. I really worried the second time round. I was concerned that there was something wrong that meant I would never carry to term. There wasn't. He's now a teen!
Having a mc is awful but having one doesn't mean you will have another. And "symptoms" do naturally come and go. You just have to try and hope for the best and look forward. Good luck.

Mascarawandlady Sat 11-Nov-17 18:11:06

It's very difficult. I don't think the worry disappears. Unfortunately nobody knows what's going to happen. I take the attitude that I'm pregnant, today, right now and I will enjoy it. I have my 12 week scan (of hopefully our first baby) on Thursday. I'm a little nervous because at our last 12 week scan we discovered the baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks. But I'm not going to work myself up because what will be, will be. I realise that may make me sound callous but it's the only way I can deal with it.

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:30:06

I hope your scan goes ok Hun. Keep
Me posted please and thank you everyone.

I've just had another little scare I've walked down stairs for a drink of water and just had a horrible sharp pain like a v bad period cramp. Lasted about 5 seconds and I couldn't move sad I'm ok now I'm laid down in bed and I've no bleeding. But this hasn't helped my worry 😢 X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now