Talk

Advanced search

So embarrassed to share this but need advice!!!

(14 Posts)
MummyToASassy4yrOld Fri 10-Nov-17 22:33:23

Hi ladies,
Like the title says I'm so embarresed to share this but... Has anyone ever experienced a weird shooting pain up their bum. It feel like between a shooting pain to a dull ache. I noticed it yesterday and thought it could be piles. 🙈 When checking it looked ok, then was thinking could I have them inside.. But to be honest this is my second baby and I had piles bad with my first and they were inside and out but never got this feeling. I thought maybe constipated but still so unsure?
I have sort of asked a friend and she said its your uterus stretching and tilting forward but I'm not convinced never had this with my first.

I'm 13 weeks and 4 days today with my second baby.. It's totally different this time only worse.. Still feeling very sick, even now and I'm due to be going into the second trimester next week. Now got this strange feeling .

Any one that can help with this I would truly be appreciated - So sorry for the long post. xx

minipie Fri 10-Nov-17 22:50:43

Sounds like javelin arse. Do a search on mumsnet for that and see if it fits!

Salmonpinkcords Fri 10-Nov-17 23:18:42

Yes! No idea what caused it and it came on randomly but ouch!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sat 11-Nov-17 04:33:51

@minipie Never heard of it before? Has it got anything to do with pregnancy? x

zaalitje Sat 11-Nov-17 05:32:52

Google fanny daggers, sudden shooting stabby pains, and beautifully named 😆

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sat 11-Nov-17 07:40:00

Who even comes up with these names!! 😳🙈

hesterton Sat 11-Nov-17 07:42:22

You know how sore it is when you have cramp in the leg? Same thing but in the bumhole muscle.

LumpySpaceCow Sat 11-Nov-17 07:57:53

Sounds like internal piles.

Ilovelampandchair Sat 11-Nov-17 08:03:08

I get this. Sometimes after I orgasm for a while, sometimes before or after I need the toilet, it's very achy and painful, then settles down but can include sharp stabs of pain. I also used to get it around my period at times. I think it's muscular and have always thought I might have a slight prolapse in my back passage following my first labour.

No harm focusing on your pelvic floor but if it's related to a prolapse or damage from your first labour (and only showing up now because of pressure and relaxin hormone from this new pregnancy) some pelvic floor exercises might help?

Really don't know.

NoParticularPattern Sat 11-Nov-17 08:07:06

Ah yes. Fanny daggers or javelin arse. I genuinely thought I’d sat on something sharp the other day! Apparently perfectly normal although rather alarming! My current favourite symptom is spontaneous cramping in my feet. I’m enjoying that one immensely!!

scoutcat Sat 11-Nov-17 10:12:51

I get this when I’m on my period! Really, really painful for a few seconds then I don’t get it again for another month!

minipie Sat 11-Nov-17 10:12:58

Javelin arse isn't a medical term (oddly enough grin) it's a mumsnet term!

leighdinglady Sat 11-Nov-17 19:48:18

I get this when on my period too. I think it’s just the swollen uterus putting pressure on your insides, makes sense for it to be in pregnancy too. I’ve had terrible fanny daggers this pregnancy!

Also - pregnancy can be grim. No need to be embarrassed!

MummyToASassy4yrOld Sat 11-Nov-17 22:15:14

Thanks ladies for getting back to me, I have honestly never heard of it before or experienced it. Thanks for all your advice. I felt it a little today but nut or as bad. There seems to be a new problem each day with this pregnancy 🙈. When will it stop!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now