Talk

Advanced search

Just discovered - STRETCH MARKS

(12 Posts)
firsttimemama89 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:49:56

Almost 30 weeks, thought I'd got away with no stretch marks... however caught sight of my hips in the mirror from the side.

Purple/red stretch marks on both sides.

Do I continue with my oil on these areas?

Am I marked for life?

OuchLegoHurts Fri 10-Nov-17 21:54:23

Most women get them...Keep using the oil (although it probably doesn't do a whole lot) and they'll turn the almost invisible silvery white marks within a year or so

Hannabee123 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:56:21

My midwife says you can either get them or you don't and no creams / lotions can prevent it.
If they become sore use some cream to soothe
Other than that once your baby's born they will go away and turn silvery / reduce.

34 weeks and my stomach looks like Freddy Kruger

AutumnLeavesandCandleLights Sat 11-Nov-17 09:46:33

With my last pregnancy, I got one stretch mark. ONE!
Then, after my c section, my stomach erupted in them. From my belly button down, it looks like Freddy Krueger has slashed me over and over. It's insane.

32 weeks pregnant and haven't gained any new ones. Yet!!!

Bio Oil isn't scientifically proven to work. Stretch marks fade on their own after a few years.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 11-Nov-17 10:10:43

I got a few from my first pregnancy and have gained more with this one. I try not too stress out about it.

HopeAndJoy16 Sat 11-Nov-17 10:18:22

I was in the same position as you, got to 30ish weeks and then started getting stretch marks mainly on my lower abdomen under my belly button. I'm 6months pp now and they've already faded loads. I imagine it will only be a few more months and they will have faded completely. I had to keep reminding myself I was growing a human being and to be kind to myself x

ethelfleda Sat 11-Nov-17 10:45:24

Also - drink loads of water to make your skin more supple and stretchy. I drank shite loads in pregnancy and never got any stretch marks.

BigBaboonBum Sat 11-Nov-17 11:43:01

Stretch marks will never disappear but they do fade. You’ll almost definitely get more if you’re only 30 weeks... there’s nothing you can do other than rub something on to ease the discomfort. People will give you all kinds of “tips” to avoid stretch marks in pregnancy if they never had them but the truth is they’re just the lucky ones. I make big babies and I carry far out front so I get them. Some women carry further back and have more normal/smaller babies so don’t get them, plus genetics. It is what it is!

spearo21 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:45:50

I've not got any yet.. I'm 29 weeks and I've got a wrinkly belly from my first pg! I don't bother with the creams. Can't be bothered lol

Penguin27 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:54:36

I’m 31 weeks and so far have managed to avoid any stretch marks on my belly and hips. However I do have a small patch on my left boob confused

JessieMcJessie Sat 11-Nov-17 12:02:23

Once your baby is born you probably won’t give a monkeys what your body looks like for at least a couple of years. Mine is 14 months and the days of standing in front of a mirror and analysing skin/clothes/outfits in any detail are long gone. You’re too busy using any spare moment while the baby is asleep to do a basic wash and dress in clean clothes. And for me, somehow if I do see something that’s not great it just doesn’t matter so much any more. It’s quite refreshing actually.

pulpi Sat 11-Nov-17 13:12:22

I didn’t get stretch marks until I was near 40 weeks (I was 40+15 when DS1 finally made his appearance) and honestly, they’re battle scars. I grew a baby in there and pushed it out. They’ll fade (eventually) but really not a big deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now