Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping and bleeding - possible SCH at 7 weeks plus no fetal pole

(4 Posts)
SoozC Fri 10-Nov-17 21:45:58

Hi All,

I'm around 7 weeks and the past two days I've been having period-like cramps (bad enough for me to take a paracetamol) and bleeding, some brown, some red but nothing too heavy. I had an internal scan today which showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole. There was also another area above it that could either be another sac or could be a haematoma.

Basically, I'm wondering how much pain and blood I'd get with a bleed and what kind of blood. Also how long it might last. Does anyone have any experience of this? I have another scan next week and am fortunately off work so I can try and rest. I know that not seeing a fetal pole at 7 weeks is a bad sign but am trying to be positive until I know for sure.

Just need some reassurance from others out there who've been through similar. This is my first pregnancy, I'm 36 and DH is 48, and we were trying for nearly two years so it really feels like this is our one chance.

Thanks.

SoozC Sat 11-Nov-17 15:58:17

Anyone?

ArkadyRose Sat 11-Nov-17 16:11:02

Not seeing a fetal pole at 7 weeks may mean simply that you're not as far along as you thought - you may have ovulated slightly later than usual. if that's the case, then by the follow-up scan the fetal pole should be visible and it should be possible to take measurements for more accurate dating.

Don't assume this is your only chance due to your ages however - I'm pregnant at 44 and my DH is 50.

SoozC Sun 12-Nov-17 15:25:57

Thank you, I am trying to remain positive! Still bleeding but the cramps seem to have stopped at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now