Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity leave starts here!

(11 Posts)
NW10teacher Fri 10-Nov-17 16:30:08

So, my school day has just finished and I am now officially on maternity leave! 33 weeks with twins - it has not come a moment too soon!

Oysterbabe Fri 10-Nov-17 16:36:52

Congratulations! I'll be there with you on Thursday 🍾

Waitingonasmile Fri 10-Nov-17 16:41:15

Hooray smile! Very exciting! Hope you enjoy your weeks before babies come.

I still have 4 weeks to go!

MuffinMcDuffin Fri 10-Nov-17 16:41:51

Aww congratulations! Mine ends today, I wish I had a time machine to this day last year! Enjoy smile

HoneyWheeler Fri 10-Nov-17 16:50:35

Wooo! Just finishing my 3rd week of May leave - it’s the best thing ever! Naps, snacks and loo runs whenever you choose. Utter bliss!

NW10teacher Fri 10-Nov-17 17:16:18

Lol, I'm not over-hopeful about getting 3 weeks, but let's wait and see!

I am just so SO happy to think I don't have to drag myself into work next week. This week was ughh: feeling absolutely huge, feet and legs killing me, constantly needing to go to the loo, really frequent BH...!

Sakura03 Fri 10-Nov-17 17:45:24

Congratulations, enjoy your mat leave and make the most of it. I’ve had 3 weeks now and it’s been great - I’m due on Monday. Been to the cinema twice this week😊

NW10teacher Fri 10-Nov-17 17:58:12

Good luck for those impending due dates everyone!

I have an induction booked at 36.5 if my two haven't made an appearance before then. At least we've avoided a Big Bang on Fireworks' Night, or a birthday present for me (tomorrow - I've probably jinxed it now though!).

StylishDuck Fri 10-Nov-17 18:11:42

Yay! Well done for making it this far. I finish 4 weeks today. Can’t come soon enough! I’ll be 36 weeks by then (not with twins mind you!)

I hope you get a couple of weeks to relax before the chaos commences grin

NW10teacher Fri 10-Nov-17 20:26:03

I am really hoping so! I would like them to stay in there for as long as poss, apart from anything else. And I have been busy at work and DH has been working abroad quite a bit, so we aren't exactly organised...

I've got to say, I'm happy I finished today. I was in random meltdown mode this week (floods of tears every day for the most stupid and small reasons) and I have been finding it hard to get about. I have to say, the kids I teach have been absolutely sweet, offering to carry things and fetch things. Today I was walking along the corridor holding about 4 textbooks, and this big Year 9 lad goes 'I'll take them books for you miss' and whisks them out of my hands. Very cute!

NW10teacher Fri 10-Nov-17 20:26:43

@StylishDuck, good luck for your last 4 weeks - let's hope you get time to relax too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now