Talk

Advanced search

31 weeks - Couple of Q's!

(3 Posts)
owltrousers Fri 10-Nov-17 14:08:47

I had my 31 week midwife appointment today (first baby) she did all the usual checks and everything is fine and baby is growing well. When I got home I checked my notes and she's written that baby is 4/5ths engaged, whereas all of my other appointments baby has been 'free' - she didn't mention it to me though. Is this a good or a bad thing? I thought it was too early for him to be engaged.

Another question is - I have my 34 week appointment at the birthing centre I have chosen. Do you think its important for DH to come to this one? he skips the routine 10 min check ups but this might be more to do with my birth plan etc.

curliegirlie Fri 10-Nov-17 14:11:40

I think you’ll find that means the baby’s 4/5 palpable, so has slowly started to engage...0/5 is fully engaged as far as I remember x

mindutopia Fri 10-Nov-17 14:37:53

It is relatively early (mine never engaged as of my last appt at 36 weeks), but they can pop in and out or stay exactly where they are for weeks, so doesn't really mean anything. Like I said, my first was still free at 36 weeks and I went into labour with her the following week at 37 weeks.

I wouldn't think your dh really needs to be around to discuss your birth plan (as long as you discuss it with him at home yourself), but he might be interested in a tour if they'll do that then, so for that I might bring him along. But it depends on if he really wants a tour and if he can get off work without too much hassle. There is otherwise nothing at the 36 week appt worth being there for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now