Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Remedies for spots?

(10 Posts)
whattobeexpected Fri 10-Nov-17 13:18:52

Sorry if this has been asked before, been searching through topics!
Has anyone had any successful spot remedies for during pregnancy?
I never suffered with spots before and at 6 months pregnant my face is like a war zone! It is mostly under my nose and on the side of my cheek and is not even really spots, more red harsh bumps along with dry skin and so far I have tried coconut oil, cocoa butter, bio oil none which has calmed it down!
Thank you for any help!

ClaireBear1986 Fri 10-Nov-17 14:52:48

Hope there are some good answers to this, as my spots are getting out of control.

I have always have sensitive skin (eczema) but never really suffered with spots.

Since falling pregnant, I have had the face of a spotty teenager going through puberty. Even make up does not begin to cover my spots!!

Unfortunately I have to be careful what I put on my face because of my eczema.

Fingers crossed @whattobeexpected that someone can give us a miracle cure smile

Justbookedasummmerholiday Fri 10-Nov-17 15:00:31

Sudocrem!!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:02:38

Sudocrem🙌🏼

mintich Fri 10-Nov-17 15:13:20

Giving birth!! My skin was so perfect after birth!! wink

whattobeexpected Fri 10-Nov-17 15:34:41

ClaireBear1986 ahhh sorry you're in the same boat! But glad of the company! Hopefully sudocrem will ease it, have you tried that?

Thank you other posters will give it a shot! Thought I managed to escape the spotty stage in my teenage years but karma has bit me on the arse!

whattobeexpected Fri 10-Nov-17 15:36:05

@mintich yes! I have been told that too, think that might be the case! Il have a handheld mirror during labour, waiting for my skin to transform lol

NextInLine Fri 10-Nov-17 15:39:59

Another one for sudocrem!
I get awful spots and it’s the only thing that has made a noticeable difference.

ClaireBear1986 Fri 10-Nov-17 16:25:31

Not tried Sudocream, so will definitely try that. Let me know how you get on with it as well?

I have to wear quite a bit of make up at work too, so that's really not helping.

I also have very greasy hair atm, so I am looking very unattractive during pregnancy. Definitely not got the pregnancy glow. Ha

Justbookedasummmerholiday Fri 10-Nov-17 17:24:22

Please if you use sudocrem in the house check its wiped off before you go out - once looked up in my car mirror to a white chin!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: