Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just found out I'm pregnant after lap

(13 Posts)
Sarah1087 Fri 10-Nov-17 10:50:50

Hi I had lap to remove endometriosis and lap and dye on cd4 last month, I'm one day late and taken a test and truth behold I'm pregnant, and absolutely over the moon, scared, shocked don't know what to do with myself lol

I don't have many symptoms is this normal ? I have little cramps sometimes and worried something bad is going to happen any advise please ? X

EastDulwichWife Fri 10-Nov-17 18:19:57

Congratulations OP. How exciting! How many weeks are you, 4 - 5?

Cramping is totally normal but you shouldn't be in pain. I didn't get any symptoms until about 5-6 weeks but even then I don't have many. You might be one of the lucky ones (or you might come down with HG in 3 weeks time!).

DeadDoorpost Fri 10-Nov-17 21:25:23

I had no symptoms until week 5 and even then it was only HG (only she says ha!) And sore boobs at week 10 for like 2 days and then nothing else except the HG.
Fingers crossed for you!

Mrstobe90 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:47:19

Cramping is normal this early so try not to worry. I conceived 3 weeks after a lap and am 26 weeks now so I personally don’t think the surgery will affect it!
Hope all goes well smile

Loosemoose28 Fri 10-Nov-17 22:07:09

I had a lap for same reasons beginning of July. Period 2 weeks after. Then fell pregnant.

I wont lie, I had alot of stretching pains and not sure if related but bled up until 10 weeks (now 17).

I felt quite tender for a while but put it down to new scarring.

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:32:37

Thank you girls for your lovely replies and also congratulations to you too 😍

I'm still in shock I've been walking round gormless all day lol
I am overly worrying tho, my boobs aren't hurting as much. And googling doesn't help as some say mc can symptoms come and go ?

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:34:17

And I'm 5 weeks pregnant

honeysucklejasmine Sat 11-Nov-17 00:37:42

Congratulations! I didn't get many symptoms either time until about 8 weeks, when the sickness started. Enjoy it whilst you can wink

pregz Sat 11-Nov-17 00:38:29

Congratulations!! ❤️

I had awful cramps from very early on (about 6-7 weeks) really intense and was in quite a lot of pain with them running to the toilet every two minutes petrified that I would see blood but I’m now 26weeks! My midwife said this is normal and every woman’s body handles it a bit differently so please try not to worry yourself too much and enjoy it in the moment

SandunesAndRainclouds Sat 11-Nov-17 00:41:33

My post lap & dye baby is almost 14 years old!

That makes me feel old

Girlwiththearabstrap Sat 11-Nov-17 08:00:50

Congratulations! I've never had a lap but I've had cramping with both pregnancies - it really felt like I was going to get my period.
I've also never had 1st trimester symptoms - No nausea, no sore boobs, no fatigue. I'm 15 weeks with my second and starting to tire a bit now but I think that's only down to having a sleepless toddler.
So don't worry. Cramping us normal and no symptoms doesn't really mean any thing.

Sarah1087 Sat 11-Nov-17 09:54:59

Thank you girls 🍀 So happy for all
Of you too. Xxx

KTD27 Sat 11-Nov-17 09:58:26

Congrats!!! My completely symptomless (except for the lack of period and huge bump) pregnancy is sitting on my lap as I type.
Symptoms have nothing to do with how well the pregnancy is progressing and they do fluctuate - it’s hormones.
Try and relax and enjoy a lovely uneventful nine months smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: