Talk

Advanced search

Midwife App and New Job

(6 Posts)
Darcychu Fri 10-Nov-17 10:01:13

Hi all,

I recently found out i'm pregnant (about 8 weeks) and i have to get a midwife appointment but the problem is that on monday i start a new job and obviously don't want to tell them just yet as i really need the job but also don't know how i'm going to fit in an appointment when i work every weekday.

I have no idea what to do and my lunch breaks arnt long enough to fit one into, i'm thinking that i'll just say i have a GP appt but i don't want to seem unreliable -_-

lampert Fri 10-Nov-17 10:20:45

I’d just be honest and say I’m really sorry, this is typical bad timing but I’ve just been sent through a hospital appointment which I’ve been waiting a while for. I know it’s not ideal given I’m just starting but I will make up the time.

Darcychu Fri 10-Nov-17 10:24:06

@lampert Thats a good idea thank you smile I will ring them now and say that! Thank you :D x

Expectingbsbunumber2 Fri 10-Nov-17 10:38:57

When I was pregnant with my first I had only been there for a under 2 months when I found out I was pregnant. I was nervous to tell my boss but she was lovely and all was good .

Darcychu Fri 10-Nov-17 10:42:25

@Expectingbsbunumber2 Thank you for telling me that, actually makes me feel heaps better :D I'm going to wait until December when its my 3 month scan and then tell everyone, I'm a nervous wreck ha ha but I think it wont be as bad as it is in my head ^^

mindutopia Fri 10-Nov-17 12:03:09

You are entitled to time off for medical appts, so just tell them that's what you have. You don't have to specify what it's for really. It's none of their business.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now