Talk

Advanced search

Worried about pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Greymoon2016 Fri 10-Nov-17 06:47:21

Ok so I found out end of last week I'm pregnant whilst still breastfeeding my eleven month old.
I'm concerned by the lack of symptoms I have I suffered a miscarriage in April 15 which was a pregnancy that didn't have symptoms and blood test showed low progesterone after I had suffered the loss.
From reading this morning breastfeeding can cause low progesterone so now I'm even more worried this won't be a sticky baby I also have an under active thyroid but meds have been increased. I'm still breastfeeding quite a lot as my baby is very clingy atm
Sorry if this a jumble I'm just really scared of another traumatic miscarriage

INeedNewShoes Fri 10-Nov-17 06:54:01

Phone your hospital's early pregnancy unit. They may be able to advise you and possibly even be able to offer something to boost progesterone? I absolutely don't know but it's worth a try.

Greymoon2016 Fri 10-Nov-17 07:36:05

When I had bloods after loss last time I was told I needed to have two more miscarriages before they would treat low progesterone. Also here I would need to be bleeding to be seen by epu hcg bloods also don't get done I may try to get a gp appointment to discuss things

Lulublu Fri 10-Nov-17 08:27:47

Hi, I fell pregnant three times while breastfeeding. Two miscarriages and now 35 weeks and no problems. The doctors I spoke to at the time of the miscarriages assured me it was nothing to do with breastfeeding (and that if you have enough progesterone to ovulate you can sustain a pregnancy). My post loss blood test also showed low progesterone but they said it had just gone down quickly. They said that it was most likely that there were other factors which led to the miscarriages. The one thing they did say though was that breastfeeding and growing a new baby can take a toll on your body e.g. tire you out more, so you need to make sure you look after yourself as much as you can. Obviously I’m not a medical professional so I’m just telling you what I was told, and do go to the doctor if you are worried, but hopefully it will work out well for you.

INeedNewShoes Fri 10-Nov-17 08:41:29

Have you ever tried phoning your EPU directly?

I'd had a miscarriage and asked my GP to run a blood test for me for clotting factors as I had a hunch this was the problem. Test came back positive. When I got my next BFP I phoned the EPU directly, explained the situation and that I believed I needed to be on heparin asap and they got me seen within a week. It's worth a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now