Talk

Advanced search

Booking in Bloods

(7 Posts)
Hurricanelily Thu 09-Nov-17 23:12:43

I had my initial midwife appointment last Friday and ever since I have been panicking that there is something wrong with my bloods. I’m not normally a worrier but I’ve convinced myself that I have an std or something!
Does anyone know if I would have heard back by now if there is anything wrong?

BigBaboonBum Thu 09-Nov-17 23:53:07

You can phone your doctor and just ask if they have them back yet if you wish to, otherwise they’ll discuss them when you next see a midwife or doctor.
I know what you mean though! I was a nurse and worked in a sexual health clinic for awhile, and I now randomly get checked every so often for any STIs despite having the same partner, I think it’s OCD because I know he wouldn’t do anything?! It’s quite random really.
Anyway whenever I have my bloods done I’m paranoid about all sorts of things including STIs... it’s completely irrational but I think worrying in general is a very normal part of pregnancy. I’m bad for it!

Hurricanelily Fri 10-Nov-17 00:16:58

I have no real reason to worry. I’ve been with my partner for 14 years and have no concerns re faithfulness etc! If there’s any diseases lurking they’re definitley from years ago!
Equally, I’m too scared to phone my GP surgery!🙄 Hoping no news is good news!
I’ve 100% become a nervous wreck since I found out I was pregnant!

teabagfreak Fri 10-Nov-17 02:40:58

No news is good news.

I was the same when waiting for bloods and had to wait until next appointment to find out they were all clear.

I especially worried about this when we were trying to conceive as it took us 11 months to conceive and I kept thinking I had an STI that had made me infertile but luckily all worked out in the end.

I’m sure everything will be fine it’s natural to worry 😊

Bluebirdsky Fri 10-Nov-17 06:58:25

It's likely that your results are available now, although sometimes they can take a little longer. I would call the midwife and ask her, I am sure she can look them up for you and then it saves u worrying.

Rebeccaslicker Fri 10-Nov-17 07:40:49

You can call but my hospital only contact you with an issue. Otherwise the midwife just goes through them with you at your 16 week appointment. So it sounds as if all is wel!

mindutopia Fri 10-Nov-17 12:05:11

If you haven't heard from them, likely all is fine. They would call if a concern was flagged up. Otherwise, they just show you the report and put it in your notes at your 16 week appt. There's no reason you couldn't call and ask those. But I would see it as a good sign that you've not heard from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now