Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unable to stand up straight - is this normal?

(5 Posts)
Carolwithane Thu 09-Nov-17 22:14:55

I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Measuring large since about 30 weeks and have excess fluid. I'm being monitored with extra scans - next scan is not due until 36 weeks which is in two weeks time

My stomach has become increasingly tight perrhaps not unsurprising but today it's really painful. The weight seems to be dragging everything down and I have pain around/behind my belly button to the extent that I'm struggling to stand up straight

Is this normal? I've taken two paracetamol and gone to bed - pain isn't bad when lying down tho still feels tight. Plus I have really badly swollen feet. Baby moving around as normal but should I be worried?

MissWitch Thu 09-Nov-17 22:19:35

Speak to your midwife. It could be pelvic girdle pain- when I had this it was like a tight/crampy feeling under my bump and round my lower back. By the evening I struggled to stand up straight as it felt like a tugging sensation. It may be something else though, especially if it’s come on suddenly. If you’re worried then ring your midwife sooner. Better safe than sorry. And make sure you count your kicks, any changes to babies normal movements need to be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:19:36

I would call up your local maternity unit

MissWitch Thu 09-Nov-17 22:23:01

Actually having reread your post I’d actually say ring your midwife tonight. The dragging feeling along with swollen feet could be a sign of something more serious and doesn’t sound like pelvic girdle pain. It’s always best to get any worries checked out and feel a bit silly later if it’s nothing.

DueNov Fri 10-Nov-17 08:06:49

Sounds like pgp and baby probably engaging

This is me at 35 weeks measuring 39 weeks

No excess fluid all baby and I can barely stand properly and completely waddle

Baths really help m although hard to get out nowadays x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now