Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going to Paris for a Baby Moon? Please read!!

(15 Posts)
CL1982 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:46:30

Very worth knowing and please bump after reading ✊

If you're pregnant in Paris you can go to the front of the queue for art museums and tourist destinations like Saint Chapelle. Wonderful as the queues can be looong. Really saved my poor feet.

Please read, bump and use the info. Well done Paris!!! It made all the difference today, especially for the Dior exhibition which had a queue of 1.5 hours. 🇫🇷🍷🥐❤️

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:08:59

They need to bring that law to the UK as well as people on buses need to get up and give us a seat when we're carrying the weight of a nother human! This country is seriously behind the times when it comes to making life easier for people.

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 09-Nov-17 18:15:29

I'm assuming you mean holiday when pregnant, not babymoon in the ordinary established (British) sense of the cocooning period - normally at home - with your new baby.

A pregmoon perhaps?

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:20:45

No WinnieTheW0rm they do call it that:

Babymoons are your last gasp at coupledom, a small romantic interlude, the final hurrah before the baby arrives.

I'm so jealous because I'd just bought a house when I was pregnant with DS and me and DH couldn't afford to have one and had no annual leave as we were saving it for when the baby arrived!

TheCatsMother99 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:07:42

Babymoon is the commonly used term for the last holiday as a couple before the baby arrives. I've never known babymoon be known as something else and thought everyone knew what it meant?

Anywhooo...

Thanks for the tip, OP, what a great idea!

BigBaboonBum Thu 09-Nov-17 20:17:03

I’ve never heard of babymoon before but I’d have assumed it meant afterwards too! Wonderful idea though. It’s great pregnant women are allowed at the front.
I’m not sure about the bus issue, I think it depends, with my eldest I used to cringe when elderly people gave me a seat when I know they needed it more than I did, others too but mostly elderly... I was absolutely massive and yes it’s a lot of weight but it’s really not that bad if you’re having a healthy pregnancy... yet with my youngest I think I’d have jumped on somebodies knee if they hadn’t give me a seat! I had SPD with him but never used public transport then so luckily never had to endure it

CL1982 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:34:39

Yes a Baby moon is your last holiday of freedom pre baby ❤️ I guess hard to do when you're on #2 though!!!

Anyway...top Paris tip and yes, the UK needs to f-ing get on it!!!! People can be so selfish with pregnant ladies and older people. Awful really..

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:47:28

BigBaboonBum I wasn't obviously meaning that the rule should apply to elderly or disabled that would be ludicrous!! and the comment was said in good fun!! 🤣

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:49:01

Oh and A lot of people don't have a healthy pregnancy and suffer from conditions such as PGD/SPD to name but one

rainforestsloth Thu 09-Nov-17 21:52:44

Also if you have a small child in a buggy! We saved queuing at the Louvre and The Eiffel Tower because of having my daughter in a stroller!

Hauntedlobster Thu 09-Nov-17 21:55:46

!! People can be so selfish with pregnant ladies and older people. Awful really..

Not forgetting people with disabilities...

This is common in mainland Europe. Tourists on public transport could be appallingwhen I visited Italy over the summer. Howeverat any tourist attractions staff ensured I didn’t have to sand for long periods of time inqueueswhen i had my stick

Lules Thu 09-Nov-17 21:59:35

I got bumped to the front of the queue at the Natural History Museum in London so other places do it too.

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:00:12

I agree with Hauntedlobster this country is appalling when it comes to showing compassion for people.

Fannyfannakerpants Fri 10-Nov-17 07:39:57

Im going to Disneyland in Jan and they do it to. You go to the front, they write down a time to come back and then you go back at that time rather than stand in a queue. It seems a really fair way of doing it. We still seem to have the attitude that pregnancy is self inflicted so you should just suck it up.

hotwater Fri 10-Nov-17 07:44:24

We went to Paris last month when I was 32 weeks and everyone was so lovely everywhere we went - we did the Disneyland queue jump and the overall difference in attitude was very noticeable on the trains and at the airport. Well done France!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now