Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fit to fly note BA

(6 Posts)
wapphighwood Thu 09-Nov-17 16:35:46

I’m due to fly to Ireland next week for a friends wedding (from London so only an hour flight), I will be 31 weeks. I just picked up my fit to fly note from gp, they have dated it 14days before travel ( despite me telling them date of travel and note requirements) British Airways policy states note must be dated 7-10 days before travel. Anyone know how strict they are on this? Do I need to try and get another note ( and pay again no doubt) they said they needed 2 weeks notice to write it, so that’s why they dated it so far in advance

Snap8TheCat Thu 09-Nov-17 16:38:52

Well they can only date it the day it’s written. They can’t predict the future and say that you’re fit to fly in two weeks time.

bumpertobumper Thu 09-Nov-17 16:59:34

I frequently flew UK to Dublin while pregnant, was never asked for my for to fly note.
At 31 weeks you'll be fine, it's only after 34 they start to get fussy...

bumpertobumper Thu 09-Nov-17 17:00:44

Also if going from Heathrow you'll be on an aer lingus plane, they are generally very relaxed and friendly

wapphighwood Thu 09-Nov-17 17:09:25

To Belfast if that makes a difference? I did just ring BA customer services ( but was obviously a call centre in India where they just have scripted answers to tell you) they said my latter wouldn’t get me on the plane if they noticed it was 14 days. So now I think I need to try and get the doctor to agree to write another note despite them insisting on two weeks notice to do it

Smurf123 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:25:33

Not much help sorry but would appreciate hearing how you get on / of you get asked for it.. I'm flying from belfast to Denmark via London in December when I'll be 28 weeks..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now