Talk

Advanced search

Did I miscarry?

(10 Posts)
Geeleigh Thu 09-Nov-17 14:55:27

I've had a lot of problems with my bleeding since the start of the year. Some days I can bleed for 36 days and some days for just 2. It's very irregular but very constant.

(Apologies in advance for gross detail!)
I've recently not been feeling too well, and have been bleeding heavily (have to set an alarm during the night just to change my tampon). Today I was on the toilet in a shopping centre, while having my BM blush I felt something fall out of my vagina. I couldn't see what it was but it felt like something slid out of me, there was blood in the toilet also. It felt like I had taken a tampon out, but I hadn't. I was suffering from cramps this morning and yesterday also. I tend to lose a lot of tissue and get clots, but never usually feel it like I did today.

Just looking for some advice?

EastDulwichWife Thu 09-Nov-17 15:01:56

Sorry OP. I'd suggest your call you GP and go for a scan at the EPU tomorrow. How many weeks are you?

Geeleigh Thu 09-Nov-17 15:04:06

Sorry I should have mentioned the most important part, I haven't taken a test so I'm actually unsure wether I was pregnant or not

EastDulwichWife Thu 09-Nov-17 15:06:38

Right.

Perhaps see your GP for advice on the heavy bleeding...

midnightflowers Thu 09-Nov-17 15:20:24

Take s test now, if it’s positive I’d phone epu or your gp.
If it’s negative then maybe see your gp.
No one here can tell you if your pregnant

MaryShelley1818 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:36:36

I had many periods which sound like what you describe and often had solid 'pieces' slide out. Nothing to suggest you might have been pregnant unless there were other reasons to think you were?

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 15:37:38

A test would still show a positive so do one or see your Dr.

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:43:28

Sounds like you’ve got some serious health problems if you bleed for over a month straight. I’d seek medical help immediately.

Can’t really comment on whether the tissue you passed was a clot or a product of pregnancy and unless you’ve been taking pregnancy tests, you won’t know.

sparechange Thu 09-Nov-17 15:43:39

Take a home test today with a sensitive/early test, and if it is positive, see your GP

I have heavy periods with clots that can fill an entire mooncup (so about the size of small apricot) so it doesn't automatically mean a MC

Loosemoose28 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:34:23

See your GP even if not a miscarriage your periods need investigating.

You may have passed a clot or tissue (not pregnancy related). I have endometrosis and at times I did pass tissue type material- was definately not pregnant. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: