Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many weeks were you when you went public with your pregnancy?

(68 Posts)
HAGI12 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:03:35

When did you guys go public with your pregnancy?
Also sorry for the silly question, but when do you enter the second trimester? 13 or 14 weeks?

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:04:52

I waited until after my 12 week scan.

hollowtree Thu 09-Nov-17 08:07:43

The day I did the test. I was hopeless. I even told the butcher! I really couldn't help myself

LRL2017 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:11:28

12 weeks to my family and 14 weeks at work (I was off sick at work with hyperemesis so told my manager at 12 weeks and my colleagues when I went back)

Hannabee123 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:12:34

Told my mum dad and in-laws when I found out around 6 weeks. Everyone else was after our 12 week scan for peace of mind

teabagfreak Thu 09-Nov-17 08:14:23

My mum and dad at 6/7 weeks a week after I found out and then 1 close friend the week after and then everyone else after 12 week scan, but it was the worst keeping it a secret, the girls at work guessed and ended up taking two weeks annual leave off leading up to scan as was too hard to lie to them daily lol 😂

JoJoSM2 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:14:59

Only 7 weeks and some friends and family know. I think it’ll be public knowledge (employer, other friends and family) when we get through the 1st trimester successfully.

BlueUggs Thu 09-Nov-17 08:16:01

Unfortunately, due to the job I did at the time, I HAD to tell work at 6 weeks. Then, because everyone at work knew, there was no point waiting until 12 weeks, which is what I would have preferred.

sparechange Thu 09-Nov-17 08:16:13

10 weeks to work because I was doing lots of overseas travel and needed to know our work travel insurance fully covered me of anything went wrong while I was overseas

As and when people noticed in person after that, 24 weeks to people we hadn’t seen in person

HeyMicky Thu 09-Nov-17 08:16:22

My parents and PILs at 6 weeks both times. Work and friends at 12 weeks with DD1. 8 weeks with DD2 as my father died and I had to negotiate travelling abroad for the funeral etc and also explain why I wasn’t drinking

ButtonMooooon Thu 09-Nov-17 08:20:29

My Mum, DSis and BIL at 8 weeks as I was too excited to wait and we were going on a night out with them and needed to explain why I wasn’t drinking. Everyone else after 12 week scan.

Although because of my job I had to tell my Line Manager as soon as I found out at 3 weeks and I know she told some people but could never prove it hmm

molifly Thu 09-Nov-17 08:32:02

I was 16 weeks pregnant and would have waited until 20 if i could.

Cornishmumofone Thu 09-Nov-17 08:50:56

28 weeks. I’d only put on about 3lbs by that point, so my co-workers genuinely hadn’t noticed.

TheCatsMother99 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:10:09

It varied. Close family were told at around the 7 week mark, close friends not long after as they sussed me not drinking. Work at 12 weeks and everyone else as and when.

pemberleypearl Thu 09-Nov-17 09:17:40

Told work when I had to, so about 6 months. Told family at 5 months. I'm a private person so just wanted time to myself first.

harrietm87 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:28:51

Told my mum at bfp, then inlaws and friends after our 12 week scan, then work at 16 weeks. I would have waited a bit longer to tell work but my secretary guessed and started telling people - I was so angry!

InThisTogether Thu 09-Nov-17 10:08:30

Family at 6 weeks, close friends at 12 and everyone else was about 23 weeks ( we just loved having a little secret!)

NC1990 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:33:30

We told family and close friends at 11/12 weeks and then my boss/work colleagues at 16 weeks.

ClaireBear1986 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:38:09

I'll be telling family this weekend (I am 17 weeks today) and then will make it public knowledge (a few close friends have already guessed) next week.

I know this seems very late, but my DP and I wanted to tell all our families together and face to face.
Due to schedules, and people living far away. This is the earliest date that we have been able to do so.

It has been killing me keeping it from my parents though, so this weekend is going to be a great sense of relief for me. I can't wait to share my excitement with them at last.

DenPerry Thu 09-Nov-17 10:39:22

12 weeks for the first, 38 weeks for the second! 😂 (close family knew straight away) It felt like I’d done the first pregnancy quite publicly so the second time I didn’t post a picture until I was nearly popping him out..

thingymaboob Thu 09-Nov-17 10:43:32

5 weeks. I was ill with hyperemesis. However, I would have told people anyway as I'd had previous miscarriages and if I'd have had another one, I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of and I would have appreciated the support

thingymaboob Thu 09-Nov-17 10:44:02

I'd never announce on Facebook though. I think that's awful.

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 09-Nov-17 10:45:40

First people to know were my brother and a couple of very close friends, at just under 9w after a private early scan. Told my mum, dad and other brother a week later. Friends after the NHS 12w scan, when I was nearly 13w. Then just as and when to everyone else - it's not a secret, but I haven't done a big fb announcement or anything, and won't be. Coming up 17w now and will put something up on fb if and when they arrive safely. Did the same with DS. I did the announcement, scan pic, bump photos etc with DD, so not judging it at all, but wouldn't do it now.

katmarie Thu 09-Nov-17 10:56:56

I waited til the 12 week scan to tell most people, but I told my DP as soon as I found out, and my sister, and he told his sister too (with my agreement), that was around 6 weeks.

I wanted to wait until after the scan to make sure it was all ok, so told friends and family face to face after that, and then put an announcement on Facebook after the anomaly scan at 20 weeks showed all was healthy.

TriJo Thu 09-Nov-17 11:08:50

16 weeks with #1, 13 weeks with #2.

That said, I stuck on my Baby on Board badge at 6 weeks for the commute home from work during a heatwave...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now