Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Late night snacks?

(13 Posts)
katmarie Thu 09-Nov-17 01:57:15

I'm 30 weeks and well into the grip of pregnancy insomnia, the joy. Tonight I couldn't sleep so I've come downstairs, for a little late night snack. I've just polished off a bowl of greek yogurt with tinned fruit, museli and honey. This is getting to be a bit of a habit...

In completely unrelated news, until last week I'd put on 4.5 pounds total through my pregnancy. My BMI was on the high side at booking in and baby is growing well so nothing to worry about there. Anyway, last week I put on 4 pounds in a week. Definitely not related to the insomnia and the snacking...

Anyone else like to snack at night? What do you have, I'm looking for inspiration before I go back and have another bowl of that yogurt!

oldlaundbooth Thu 09-Nov-17 02:01:23

I always had cheese sandwiches.

katmarie Thu 09-Nov-17 02:08:16

@oldlaundbooth did they give you wierd dreams?

EssentialHummus Thu 09-Nov-17 02:32:49

Eight weeks PP here and I go through industrial quantitative of Belvita soft bake breakfast biscuits.

Hannabee123 Thu 09-Nov-17 03:26:54

Not had the night munchies. My mom said when she was pregnant with me she would wake up in the night go and put a naan bread / tortilla in the toaster with some cheese in and then another it in Brandon pickle hmm

Hannabee123 Thu 09-Nov-17 03:27:49

Smother* I'm knackered sad

Cupcakegirl13 Thu 09-Nov-17 03:36:28

Chocolate biscuits by the lorry load here , I've got a ten week old and I get thru packets each week during night feeds. I used to get up for cereal when I was pregnant - always sugary crap ones too. There is never any appeal to me of healthy snacking in the middle of the night !!

eeanne Thu 09-Nov-17 03:51:18

I end up eating cereal or toast with peanut butter. No matter what I eat for dinner I'm starving again at 10:30/11 PM.

sammy891 Thu 09-Nov-17 22:35:51

Cinnamon Bagels toasted with butter for me, so yummy!

oldlaundbooth Fri 10-Nov-17 01:45:44

God no katmarie, I was too bloody knackered to dream! grin

Also used to eat banana bread during the night too. Which is why I gained four stone.

oldlaundbooth Fri 10-Nov-17 01:46:45

It's the only time in my life I've ever woken up absolutely starving hungry.
Only happened with DS though, nor with DD.

I'd eat a massive dinner but still wake up because I was so hungry.

DeadDoorpost Fri 10-Nov-17 03:04:04

Chocolate cereal. Biscuits. Crisps. Maybe chocolate if there's some around. Hot chocolate. 38+5 weeks here.

Lozmatoz Fri 10-Nov-17 11:29:23

Huge bowls of cereal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now