Talk

Advanced search

Finding everything a bit overwhelming

(6 Posts)
Manctart Wed 08-Nov-17 19:55:52

I am around 11 weeks pregnant and I am finding a lot of stuff that I think I would usually just get on with really overwhelming ☹️ I feel so anxious all the time!

I have a long term health condition which means I have to have a lot more appointments than usual for both the pregnancy and to manage that. We were also recently told at my place of work that we are being restructured so now I also have to apply for my job again (kind of) and I am just panicking in case it goes badly. I haven't told them that I am pregnant yet and that's also worrying me - I don't want to tell them in case it hampers my application but I also don't want to be seen as dishonest!

The whole situation is really stressing me out and I just feel like I am over being pregnant already when it has barely begun ☹️

Am I the only one who is feeling anxious and overwhelmed or am I going mad?!

Nat199082 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:29:34

Sorry to hear your feeling overwhelmed, I’m only 6 weeks and already finding work extremely stressful.. In my case I know it’s just hormones so try to treat it as a such.

But it sounds like you are going through much more, just take re assurance in that the extra appointments you have are a good thing as it means they are keeping a good eye on you and you smile

Hope you start to feel better soon, take care of yourself flowers

PLFDiDi Wed 08-Nov-17 21:52:08

I've just reapplied for my job today too, bit weird trying to do that whilst prioritising not puking on my key board! I have days when I'm all over the place too but am just so happy about starting a family. 8 1/2 weeks done!

Manctart Thu 09-Nov-17 06:31:58

Thanks for both of your replies! Yes Nat I think it is just hormones as well. I hadn't thought about it being reassuring but you're right it's good that they are trying to look after me smile

PLF sorry to hear you're in a similar position, hope it all goes well with the application!

Hannabee123 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:02:34

I would wait to tell them and not feel guilty. When the time is right you can say that you discovered you are x amount of weeks pregnant and had no clue.
It can be hormones which contribute to feeling like this and I've found some days can be great and I feel positive and some days the slightest bit of bad news sets me off. 33 weeks now so getting fed up and wanting my body back to be honest so I can be abit more tempermental
It will be okay smile

PLFDiDi Thu 09-Nov-17 20:54:01

We will both get through it, it might get bumpy but we will be fine xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now