Talk

Advanced search

25 weeks waters broken - help

(18 Posts)
lolacola1977 Wed 08-Nov-17 15:03:19

Can’t believe I’m asking this on mumsnet but...am lying in a local hospital bed, waters have broken, not yet in labour but cervix open a bit...local hospital have been trying for 2 hrs to find me a bed in a neonatal unit...they have found one at St Thomas’s but waiting to hear whether there is a bed for me. They have told me I might then have to wait another 2 hrs for an ambulance to transfer me. Has anyone ever used a private ambulance service? Any advice as to what I should be asking for / demanding? I am conscious that I could go into labour at any minute and at that point it will be touch and go for the baby who will need a neonatal bed. They have given me steroids / antibiotics etc.

Newbietwo Wed 08-Nov-17 15:58:46

No experience here but wanted to bump this for you, thinking of you and hoping a bed is found super quick for you.

EastDulwichWife Wed 08-Nov-17 17:16:16

Hope you're okay OP. No advice for you but St a Thomas' is fab so I'm sure they'll be doing all they can for you. flowers

yawning801 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:18:27

Bump and flowers

blueobsessive Wed 08-Nov-17 17:24:01

As a Tommy’s prem clinic patient- they are totally totally awesome and, really tricky as it is, they are very very experienced. You are in the right hands. Also if they don’t have space and you end up at kings, georges or Uch they all have top level nicus. Ask your hospital to ask the hospital you are going to when you should start steroids

AnUtterIdiot Wed 08-Nov-17 17:25:54

No experience but fingers very much crossed for you. I'm at risk of premature labour and my consultant told me that all hospitals should be able to look after a premature baby, even if they don't routinely offer that level of neonatal care, at least in the immediate aftermath of birth so please try not to worry too much.

You might get a quicker response from someone who's been through this if you post in Chat or AIBU - more traffic.

blueobsessive Wed 08-Nov-17 17:28:28

Sorry just seen you have had steroids. Jolly good. Thats great . It will be helping baby while you get there. Just get them to get you there as soon as they can and stay lying down. Good luck. You have done exactly the right thing in going in to your local hospital. Unmumsnetty hugs

hanna87 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:29:56

Bump and flowers
Easier said than done-stay calm.
Thinking of you and partner-keep us posted on this when you can xxx

whatkatydidnext1 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:30:14

Yes I had a prem baby have you had your steroid injection yet ? It helps babies lungs

whatkatydidnext1 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:31:22

Sorry you have ....... I was speed reading. My ds was born at 30 weeks. Now 6 ft 4 and at uni xxxx your in good hands op x

lolacola1977 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:10:00

They have found me a bed at kings but now been waiting 2 hrs for an ambulance! Just sitting here worrying about every twinge, is horrible

whatkatydidnext1 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:18:39

Any luck with ambulance yet ? I went into labour at work in central London. Black cab got me to kings quicker than an ambulance I recon 😲 I just remember him whizzing around all these back routes. When I got there they didn't have a place for ds if he was born so later that evening I was transferred by ambulance to st Mary's Paddington. Ds was born the next day by c section. I look back at that time with much fondness. I know that sounds silly but every thing ds went onto achieve was such a miracle to me. I made a lot of friends with other women in the scbu. I often wonder how they are. This was before the days off fb. Thinking of you flowers

whatkatydidnext1 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:42:12

@lolacola1977
Hope your ok ? Been thinking of you. I know updating the thread is the least of your worries just want you to know your in my thoughts flowers

NooNooHead Thu 09-Nov-17 12:46:42

I thought my post on here had disappeared then I realised the thread has been posted twice...

flowers I do hope you are ok OP, we are all thinking of you.

Newbietwo Thu 09-Nov-17 12:49:49

Just checking back to say thinking of you OP, hoping all is well.

lolacola1977 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:58:08

Sorry managed to put 2 posts up so been replying to the other one and didn’t see this one...thank you so much for your messages, I have made it through the night without going into labour which is good news, as you know, every hour counts at the moment. I was blue lighted to Kings last night after waiting more than 4 hrs for the ambulance but I am here and comfortable and feel that I am being well looked after. Just have to hope and pray baby decides to stay put without developing an infection for as long as possible...I have been given steroids and antibiotics and I know they will do everything they can for us...fingers crossed

ElsieDee Thu 09-Nov-17 13:07:09

Didn’t want to read and run 💐💐💐 to you op.... will be thinking of you and wish you both all the best! Xx

Clarab0w Thu 09-Nov-17 17:09:55

thinking of you, @lolacola1977. so pleased you're being well looked after, at least - sounds like you're in the best possible place for both you and the baby x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now