Talk

Advanced search

Sleep study while pregnant

(4 Posts)
Rhynswynd Wed 08-Nov-17 08:47:59

I am 33 weeks pregnant and am 38 years old. For almost my whole adult life I have had trouble with sleep and snoring. I mostly just ignored it.
Now though I am 33 weeks pregnant with 4th baby. The snoring is at epic level and my DH is wearing multiple ear defenders to sleep blush and I have noticed the feeling of my throat closing when I am falling asleep.

Tonight I am fully wired up for a sleep study urgently ordered by my Dr. I look like a defective robot.

I can't help feeling worried about the health of my baby after having ignored this health issue for such a long time. Dr has ordered a late scan to check baby is growing well etc and specifically mentioned the suspected sleep apnea on the referral form.

Do I have anything to worry about for my baby or are we just being doubly careful?

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:51:21

I think they are just being cautious, but it's good they're on the ball! I hope the study goes well and you get some answers!

AnUtterIdiot Wed 08-Nov-17 14:14:19

Lots of women do start snoring during pregnancy even if they didn't snore before. I snored until I had my tonsils out, then I stopped snoring but I'm also 33 weeks (twins) and it's started again in the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry too much about it if your scans have been fine.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 08-Nov-17 14:19:05

I've Been snoring pretty loudly for the last few weeks, since my other kindly recorded and let me hear. I'm 33 weeks, I'm hoping it calms down after baby is here lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now