Talk

Advanced search

I might be pregnant!

(11 Posts)
Cockmagic Wed 08-Nov-17 00:01:36

Hi everyone wold really appreciate some advice!

I recently changed my pill to fight acne (dianette) and have been on this for a year or so.

A few months ago I collected my prescription from the chemist and noticed a different brand name cerazette, thought nothing of it.

Past few days really sensitive nipples and nausea, very unlike me

Googled tonight and discovered you have to take them in order on the pack as they have a week of "dummy" pills. Well I've been taking them in random order !

Does anyone have any experience of this?

TheCatsMother99 Wed 08-Nov-17 05:06:24

I was on cerazette for years and took them randomly in the packet and didn't ever get pregnant on them. Ive never heard of a wek of dummy pills in the pack and can't imagine how that would work anyway as they have days of the week on them and they wouldn't know what day of the week is the beginning of the funny week (if that were the case).

If you think you're pregnant, take a test, but if you've taken those pills religiously each day, regardless of order, it's unlikely you're pregnant.

TheCatsMother99 Wed 08-Nov-17 05:06:47

Dummy week*

DoubleHelix79 Wed 08-Nov-17 05:51:03

You should read the leaflet that comes with the package, this will tell you how to take them. I wouldn't rely on Google on this case.

Why don't you take a cheap pregnancy test to ease your mind?

ChocolateDinosaur Wed 08-Nov-17 06:00:11

Err cerazette and dianette are two completely different types of pill- are you sure about these names?
Cerazette has to be taken every day for it to work....

Mol1628 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:06:47

I have been on both. Neither had dummy pills.
The symptoms you’re having are probably because of the change in hormones from two different pills. It’s not a different brand name they’re different things.

ChocolateDinosaur Wed 08-Nov-17 06:10:03

It would be really really unusual to change between these two types of pills without being seen at the surgery and counselled as there are big differences in how they are taken

Mol1628 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:18:16

Yeah I’d imagine the pharmacist or doctor that prescribed them has made a mistake if you weren’t told.

Oysterbabe Wed 08-Nov-17 07:11:43

Cerazette doesn't have dummy pills.

misshannah Wed 08-Nov-17 08:48:46

I was on Dianette, i was told my my doctor it is very dangerous and they changed me to Cerazette around the same time as you. I had lots of PMS symptoms/ pesky hormones causing trouble from the moment I took Cerazette and in the end I've stopped taking the pill completely and now monitor via Natural Cycles.

Cockmagic Wed 08-Nov-17 08:59:41

Thank you for all your replies. Hopefully I'm just worrying for nothing.

Gotta say I'm annoyed at the doctors for changing my pill without informing me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now