Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you still get morning sickness after miscarriage?

(7 Posts)
Jamielyn Tue 07-Nov-17 23:30:30

Hi all,

I’ve recently had a miscarriage last week. Ever since then, I’ve been more sick then ever! For almost a week I haven’t been able to keep any food or drink down, only managing the odd bit of dry toast. One day I feel I’m getting better then the next minute I’m throwing up again.

The doctors seem to think I’ve picked up a viral infection along the way, but my partner is absolutely fine and hasn’t caught anything. I’ve been prescribed anti sickness tablets which so far have not helped.

Has anyone had this experience after a miscarriage?

Thanks in advance xx

BabyDreams2018 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:34:52

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, it can take a while for your pregnancy hormones to go after a miscarriage. It's not unusual to still have a positive pregnancy test until your hormone levels return to normal.

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Tue 07-Nov-17 23:35:25

Sorry I have no idea but I didn't want to read and run. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along soon.

I'm sorry for your loss flowers

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Tue 07-Nov-17 23:35:52

(Cross posts)

pattiselmabouvier Tue 07-Nov-17 23:38:25

So sorry for your loss flowers hope you’re starting to heal now that the worst is over.

I went through a miscarriage in June and the week leading up to the scan where we were told there was no heartbeat I was sicker than ever, even though my baby had sadly died a week before. Your hormone (hcg) levels rise so quickly in those first weeks and it takes a while for them to settle back to normal again. You’re also in a period of huge emotional and physical upheaval which won’t help.
My advice is be good to yourself, eat small and frequent meals as and just give yourself some time.
Hopefully you’ll be having follow ups so they can see that everything has resolved.

pattiselmabouvier Tue 07-Nov-17 23:40:09

Also if the sickness isn’t settling, you’re going to be dehydrated. That needs looking at and quickly.

Jamielyn Tue 07-Nov-17 23:47:06

I just feel like this is never ending 😢

I’ve lost a stone in weight in less than a week. I just can’t stomach any food, I tried soup this evening and have just thrown it all up 🤢

I’ve got a check up on 20th. I’m just hoping it’s all settled down by then. It’s now day 8 of feeling like this and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now