Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
katiepage1993 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:30:40

I recently found out I am about 5 weeks pregnant (I know still early days). I have been having cramps that feel like period cramps in my lower abdomen for the past week or so. The pain is not terrible and not all the time but it is noticeable. I’ve had no bleeding and no terrible pain. Is this cramping normal? I have a drs appointment next week but don’t know if this is something I should be worried about or not.

Thanks! X

EmilyJ90 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:31:56

I had cramps up until about 14 weeks, I still get the odd cramps now at 22 weeks and my baby is fine smile

Ilovechocolate111 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:33:35

I'm 9 weeks and cramps are all the time on and off. I rang doctors due to mc' s and doctor said cramping of fine as long as there is no blood so sound normal.. atb xx

JoJoSM2 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:22:50

I'm 6+4 at the mo and have felt gentle cramps in the lower abdomen for 3 weeks probably.

thelittlethingz Tue 07-Nov-17 22:25:40

@katiepage1993 I was worried about the exact same thing! I’m 9 weeks and have just had my first midwife appointment today. Told her I kept cramping like period pains but no blood, she’s said it’s perfectly normal so not to worry xx

katiepage1993 Wed 08-Nov-17 09:56:04

Thabkyou all for your replies - I feel much better about it now! Can relax a bit knowing it’s normal 🙃🙃

MaryShelley1818 Wed 08-Nov-17 09:57:37

I had pretty bad cramping from 5/6wks right up until 12wks. Definitely normal if not accompanied by any other symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now