Talk

Advanced search

Trapped wind

(15 Posts)
Lilleahw Tue 07-Nov-17 20:59:00

As the title says! I am 7 weeks pregnant and am so uncomfortable all the time. Anyone else suffering, please don't say it's just me lol

Mrshand123 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:31:31

I feel your pain, I'm 6 weeks 5 days and I get really bad trapped gas and it hurts sometimes x

hereagain99 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:06:35

Same here. Almost 14w and suffering badly from wind to the point that last week when I had the scan the sonographer could see it and mentioned it to me sad

I don't have a solution but I am willing to try anything. I am still able to cycle to work so I know that exercise isn't making it any easier. At least this time round I am not suffering from constipation so I guess it could be worse grin

Congratulations on your pregnancy

WeShouldOpenABar Tue 07-Nov-17 23:08:49

Yoga type moves were all that helped me at that stage, face down, bum up in the air and rotating around and back and forth until it shifted. It's not pleasant good luck

NoNoCharlieRascal Tue 07-Nov-17 23:10:15

Peppermint tea is your friend. I relied on it so much during pregnancy.

BabyDreams2018 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:10:20

For after the birth people recommend Peppermint tea for trapped wind so it might work during pregnancy.

bananafish Tue 07-Nov-17 23:13:25

ah - it's horrible! bicycling legs exercise worked best for me - and peppermint or ginger tea. good luck

hereagain99 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:14:13

That's something to try. I have been drinking camomile tea and I can't notice a difference. Is there a maximum peppermint tea we are allowed to drink? I am not sure where I read that only 4 cups of herbal tea maximum a day as there haven't been any studies on the implications while pregnant.

Thank you ladies

NoNoCharlieRascal Tue 07-Nov-17 23:22:36

I had two or three cups a day of peppermint tea. As far as I could find that amount was safe.

Lilleahw Wed 08-Nov-17 08:01:45

Well I must say I'm glad it's not just me. My other half looks at me like I'm crazy where I'm literally bent over. Oh god I didn't know they could see it on a scan I'd be mortified. I suppose peppermint tea will have to do me for work. Don't think anyone would appreciate the bicycling legs and yoga poses grin

DeadDoorpost Wed 08-Nov-17 13:56:34

Yeah, they can see the pockets of gas on the scan. Sonographer made a comment about it to me on the day of mine. Only mine wasn't trapped wind, it was actually gas from just throwing up so it kind of made me feel a bit weird. (Hyperemeis sufferer so id been seriously sick that day)
She advised not to eat foods that would make me gassy next time hmm I'd not eaten anything that day. Not been able to even keep water down.

So yeah, if you're still having trouble at your scan don't eat foods that make you gassy

Lilleahw Wed 08-Nov-17 21:41:18

Thankyou deaddoorpost I'll remember that! Have been drinking peppermint tea after eating and that's definitely helped. Thanks for the tip ladies x

washingmachinefastwash Wed 08-Nov-17 22:05:55

Get on all 4s as if you’re looking under the couch and it should come out.

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Wed 08-Nov-17 22:10:07

Deflatine amazing stuff!! I used which pregnant and instant relief

Lilleahw Thu 09-Nov-17 14:10:30

Thanks @grow I'll have a look for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now