Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing courses on the NHS

(2 Posts)
mjt58 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:33:39

Has anybody done a hypnobirthing course provided by a local NHS trust? In particular, the hypnobirthing course run by Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust?

My wife is considering it and wondering how good it is in comparison to some of the other options (we're in Tunbridge Wells).

I've asked already on the local board, but to no avail.

Other recommendations also most welcome smile

mindutopia Tue 07-Nov-17 20:43:31

No, idea as I didn't do the NHS ones. But I did do natal hypnotherapy and I really recommend it. You truly do not need to do the actual class with NH. The class was fine, but was pretty much like someone just reading the book to you. You can just buy the book and CDs/mp3s and practice. I had a lovely, pretty much painless home birth using it with my first and plan to use it again. It's really inexpensive (relative to a private class at least) and much more convenient since you just practice it in your free time. Either way, you need to practice 3-4 times a week at least, so I focused on practice and not on classes, which worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now