Talk

Advanced search

I don't feel pregnant

(12 Posts)
EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 16:12:16

I'm 10+1, but I don't "feel" very pregnant. I haven't had any sickness throughout, just nausea, but right now I'm just tired, get breathless easily and have mild breast tenderness. I did have mild cramping in the early weeks but that all lessened at around 8 weeks. I've gained a couple of pounds (3?) but other that I feel just...normal?

Like most of us, I've been pretty anxious about everything going okay but I still have two weeks to go till the scan and I'm just doubting whether anything is really there. That said, we did see a heartbeat at 6 weeks so I'm not completely making it up!

Any reassurance from others who didn't feel pregnant would be welcome! The thought of discovering a MMC at 12 weeks is getting me down.

MoodyOne Tue 07-Nov-17 16:16:20

Oh I’m really sorry I read this and laughed! This post was me until about 15 weeks then BAM 6 months of constant queasiness!
Every pregnancy is different you may go through yours not really feeling much and have a lovely glow!
Congratulations 💕

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 16:18:32

Wonderful! That's what I want to hear! I need to get a grip and enjoy it while I feel okay. Thanks @Moodyone - maybe I'll kick myself in a few weeks time..!

BigBaboonBum Tue 07-Nov-17 16:20:26

Hi. I already have two sons (with symptomatic pregnancies) so I felt the same way when with this one I felt nothing other than a little tired... I found out at 10 weeks I was expecting twins, so it was even more strange that I was having no symptoms... this week I found out I have lost one of them but one is doing well, and weirdly enough it’s only now I’m starting to feel worse, nausea and general blergh.

Try not to worry x if people can feel nothing from two and more from one then symptoms really don’t mean much at all flowers

rogueantimatter Tue 07-Nov-17 16:23:03

I was never sick during my two successful pregnancies. I felt very like you. And I worried too.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

ajb17 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:29:10

I was the exact same. I never had any typical symptoms and had a very healthy pregnancy and baby. My bump also didn’t appear until way after 20 weeks.

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 16:32:59

These are making me feel so much better. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. It's such a funny time, isn't it? Such a lot of waiting! I'm lucky that my scan is bang on 12 weeks - how some people wait to 13-14 I've no clue!

Moose23ishungry Tue 07-Nov-17 16:35:29

I'm 21 weeks and have had not a hint of queasiness. I was initially very apprehensive about this, as I've had two MMC before, so this time round I was very negative until last week, when I felt movement for the first time.

The problem I had was caused my an underactive thyroid and my lack of symptoms wasn't relevant.

I have a theory that if handle hangovers well, then you're less likely to get morning sickness! Not sure if it's true everyone but it's true for me- I (used to) never get hangovers either!

Moose23ishungry Tue 07-Nov-17 16:36:23

Oh and I am only just starting to look fat. I wish I looked pregnant because up until baby started kicking, I kept thinking it was all in my head (even after the scans)!

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 16:46:11

Moose I did used to pride myself on hangover management...! That's a hilarious theory and I'm going to stick with it.

Moose23ishungry Tue 07-Nov-17 16:52:34

@eastdulwichwife I reckon it's more or less the same thing!

stuckinny Tue 07-Nov-17 16:57:05

I'm 39+4 and still 'forget' that I'm pregnant. Yes I ache a bit now and I have heartburn off and on but when I'm feeling good and the baby is quiet I don't feel pregnant at all. I have been very lucky that I've had two pregnancies with no sickness or complications.

Try not to worry about it too much and enjoy the time. No symptoms don't always mean that you will miscarry or there are problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now