Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raised Carbon Monoxide level, don’t know why?

(12 Posts)
SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 07-Nov-17 15:45:01

Hi, just back from the midwife and my CO level has raised again to 4. Still low but it shouldn’t be that high according to her. I don’t smoke, my partner does but only at work. Had the chimney swept and not used it since Thursday. Boiler was serviced two weeks ago. Any ideas?

Gingernaut Tue 07-Nov-17 15:46:46

Live near a busy road? Done much driving? Spent time being driven/in cars/on buses?

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Tue 07-Nov-17 15:47:34

Mine was 4 and the midwife wasn’t worried at all! I’d walked to the appointment and she said that the car fumes can contribute as can second hand smoke from passers by

Bumdishcloths Tue 07-Nov-17 15:47:56

Have you checked there’s no leak at home with a detector?

SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 07-Nov-17 15:50:35

I live on a main road, also been to three Bonfire events this weekend though she said the latter would have cleared from my system. I drove to the appointment.

Bit gutted because I gave up smoking for pregnancy, and the idea she’s still being poisoned upsets me.

MrsJayy Tue 07-Nov-17 15:51:11

I used to get my co checked when i stopped smoking it drops within 12 hours of stopping anyway if i went to the chemist at 3pmish my levels would go up to 4 roads were busy but if i went midmorning it was at 2 so i think it depends btw up to 5 is within normal range.

SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 07-Nov-17 15:52:04

How can I get a detector? I’m not 100% sure on the house, it’s only 3 lower than when I smoked sad

MrsJayy Tue 07-Nov-17 15:52:51

Please try and not feel guilty you can't live in a bubble.

abas Wed 08-Nov-17 15:56:42

Have you also got an audible carbon monoxide alarm?

PinkHeart5914 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:05:38

You can get a detector online fairly cheap (try amazon) , It’s a good idea to have one in your home just to be on the safe side anyway

Or they are £20 in Argos www.argos.co.uk/product/7001617

Do try not to feel guilty it’s probably just environment factors that are causing it and you can’t control that

mindutopia Wed 08-Nov-17 16:53:37

4 is relatively low. I was a 2. We don’t smoke, have no friends who smoke, have no fireplace and live about two miles to anything that isn’t a single lane track and midwives thought that was great. I suspect you’re picking up some second hand smoke from your partner and maybe from the environment. But everyone should have a CO detector in their house so it’s a good idea. We have one on each floor.

Anatidae Wed 08-Nov-17 16:56:04

There will still be toxins on your partners clothing and skin (google third hand smoke.) that’s unlikely to affect your CO leave but it’s still an issue for health.

I would buy a CO detector - and install in the Home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now