Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Itchy belly, what do you do/use?

(15 Posts)
hereagain99 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:32:32

Hi lovely ladies,

I know itchy bellies can be part of pregnancy but it is driving me mad at the moment. I am using moisturising cream but doesn't seem to be making much difference. What do you all use if any? I am also wondering about stretch marks. So if any of you know of any cream that can help me with my itchiness and help prevent stretch marks I would very much appreciate your advice smile

Hopefully this itchiness will stop soon. grin

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:56:38

Aloe Vera gel from Holland and barratt worked for me. You'll get a million forever living Huns trying to sell you some, but honestly it was good (but about a quarter of the price from h&b!)

TonicAndTonic Tue 07-Nov-17 14:00:16

I'm using Palmer's tummy butter, seems to be helping with the itching and I'll regard it as a bonus if it actually does anything to help with stretch marks. I do have to put up with smelling a bit chocolatey though!

Swearwolf Tue 07-Nov-17 14:07:55

Palmers tummy butter is amazing!!

squadronleader87 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:50:56

Another vote for Palmers. I also use BioOil - I alternate them morning and night. I’ve got a few stretch marks, mainly on the bits i forgot to moisturise early on.

sthitch Tue 07-Nov-17 14:54:40

The only thing that worked for me was Bio Oil in the morning and at night - this stopped the itching and stopped me getting a single stretch mark and I was literally massive!!! (My mum and sister had terrible scars from stretching and scratching so I expected to have the same but they didn't use anything so it definitely worked for me)

hereagain99 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:56:42

Thank you very much. I will check Palmers. I am a bit funny with smells and it has got worse since being pregnant so I will have to see if I can cope with the smell.

Thanks again

MadeForThis Tue 07-Nov-17 15:04:59

I use palmers and bio oil.

Please speak to your midwife about the itchy belly. I'm sure it's fine but there is a liver problem that can be indicated by an itchy belly. Don't be alarmed as most pregnancies involve some element of itchy belly but I would definitely give your midwife a quick call to let her know.

lornathewizzard Tue 07-Nov-17 15:10:25

Just to second what Made said, please check with your midwife

OnNaturesCourse Tue 07-Nov-17 15:14:48

Palmer's and Secret Saviours (Google it - it's a support band and cream set but you can buy the creams separately. If you do it that way I recommend getting the "night" cream as the "day" cream is to help the band stick)

Babyitscoldouts1de Tue 07-Nov-17 15:16:19

Yes, please speak to your midwife. I ended up with obstetric cholostasis last time and the itchy belly is how I found out. They often say you get itchy palms and soles of feet, but that wasn't prominent for me. I had extra monitoring and medication and all was well.

bananaramama Tue 07-Nov-17 16:21:48

If it is not anything sinister (please do speak to your midwife pronto), I find Salcura Derma spray works really well for me. It's all natural and soothes the itch well x

hereagain99 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:40:20

Hi ladies,

Thanks all for your comments. I will give her a call tomorrow and see what she says before buying anything.

mummyG2C Tue 07-Nov-17 18:27:01

Neals Yard do an amazing Mum to be like body butter (can’t remember exact name!), it’s smells lovely and is all natural. It was recommended to me by my hairdresser who had horrendous tummy itch and it did work wonders! I used it everyday in 3rd trimester!

bakingmad83 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:00:11

Tbh I found Palmers tummy butter made my itching worse. I used the remainder of the diprobase moisturiser the health visitor prescribed when DS had dry skin and that did the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now