Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else 16 / 17 weeks?

(8 Posts)
ForeverHopeful21 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:18:07

Anyone else going to be an April 2018 mum?

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. This is technically my second pregnancy but as I miscarriage at 12 weeks last time, this is the furthest I've ever got so it's all new.
I've found the transition into second trimester fascinating. My sickness has now gone and I definitely have more energy. I have a small bump and discovered maternity pyjamas at the weekend, oh my how they've changed my life! Amazing invention!!

I was just wondering what things everyone else is going through who is also at the same stage.

molifly Tue 07-Nov-17 08:20:42

I am 17 weeks! Second trimester is definitely easier with my new found energy however i'm still throwing up every day! Maternity Pyjamas?! i need to try these!!

I have found Maternity leggings and tights very comfortable! My bump is tiny though, enough so me and my partner can tell but nobody else would bat an eye lid!

Have you had any movements yet?

ClaireBear1986 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:37:38

Congrats both smile

I am 16 weeks 5 days today, and I need some of this new found energy that you have mentioned. Ha.

There is a group of us April 2018 Mummies if you wish to join:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3070393-Pregnancies-due-April-2018

ClaireBear1986 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:38:24

Also another group on the Ante-Natal Clubs page for all April 2018 Mummies:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/3024809-thread-no-2-for-babies-due-april-2018

ForeverHopeful21 Tue 07-Nov-17 10:18:15

Thank you for the links to the groups, I'll check them out.

I'd bought some maternity PJs from Asos but they were just like leggings and not really what I wanted so sent them back. Then I bought these from La Redoute, amazing!!:
www.laredoute.co.uk/ppdp/prod-350026459.aspx

Bez9087 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:04:06

17 weeks and 3 days here too 🙋🏻I am glad the sickness has worn off but been getting dizzy spells all day but think it’s because I am coming down with what my ds has. Anxiously waiting for the anomaly scan.

molifly Tue 07-Nov-17 11:16:16

Bez9087 do you feel like you can't get excited about the pregnancy until the anomaly scan as well? Mine was supposed to be next week but got moved back 10 days, feels like a lifetime away!

Bez9087 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:27:28

@molify yes most defiantly 100%. Ours isn’t till 30th nov 😫
When pregnant with dd in 2009 I didn’t even bat an eyelid into her anomaly scan all I could focus on was finding out whether she was a boy or girl very naive.
When we had ds in 2011 again same as dd pregnancy skipped in to the scan hoping could tell what he was only to come out with so many questions as they had found a problem with his brain but couldn’t tell me anymore till had seen a fetal medicine unit.
When I had ds in 2014 I couldn’t rest till that scan and even after it I couldn’t rest till he was in my arms after loosing our little boy in 2011. Was such an anxious time. I’m trying my best to be very much more positive this time round and we have had three scans so far all showing they are growing fine good fluid etc but i know deep down I won’t relax until after the anomaly scan.... who am I kidding when they are here even?! I think because I have seen how much can change it scares me and I would never wish it upon anyone.
Keeping everything crossed for us all having healthy babies (which I’m positive we will)
Sorry if post scares / upsets anyone wasn’t intended that way x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now