Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy emotions

(22 Posts)
timmonswalsh Tue 07-Nov-17 08:02:53

Hi all, anyone else feeling overly emotional? I'm in my 8th week and I'm so all over the place crying in the morning laughing in the evening. Trying to keep it together in work! It has only been the last 4 or 5 days but it's driving me nuts! Never had issues with my mental Heath before but I just don't feel like myself. Is this normal? confused

Ilovechocolate111 Tue 07-Nov-17 08:18:10

It's completely normal. I'm 9 weeks and I cried because the Chinese take away was closed and i wanted bbq sauce! It does pass. It's just your hormones xx

timmonswalsh Tue 07-Nov-17 09:49:36

Thanks a million! Nice to know I'm not the only one. Nearly cried in the office because a meeting was cancelled. So annoying blush

katmarie Tue 07-Nov-17 09:59:14

I’m 29 weeks. I’ve cried over so many ridiculous things, including the amazon advert with the dog and the new baby, spilling a bottle of wine, thinking my dp wanted to cancel our wedding (he’d said nothing even resembling that), something I heard on the radio, my printer not working.... the list is endless. Before I got pregnant I wouldn’t have considered myself overly emotional, now I’m a wreck!

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Nov-17 10:05:15

Seems a long time ago now but I remember crying on the tube at a few weeks pregnant because Terry Wogan was retiring. Someone asked if I was ok and I had to just say I'd had some bad news because saying 'I'm crying because Terry Wogan has retired' seemed ridiculous. I never even liked Terry Wogan much.

timmonswalsh Tue 07-Nov-17 10:42:43

Haha thanks guys! Sounds like I will need to get use to the madness for now anyway! grin roll on the second trimester

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:32:44

I cried on Saturday night because my partner is not feeling well (no its not the man flu) I couldn't stop crying lol

hopegg Tue 07-Nov-17 11:58:39

Hahaha good to hear you ladies are doing it too. I'm only 6 weeks and cried at a video about plants at the botanic gardens?!?!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 07-Nov-17 12:10:26

@hopegg that made me laugh 😂

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 12:14:11

If I wasn't at work I'd be crying now. Last night I watched a programme about a donkey with an eye infection and cried for 10 minutes.

Snowdog37 Tue 07-Nov-17 12:15:36

I’m 22w and cry daily over something usually stupid lol... hormones are no joke! Yesterday I cried as I really wanted rice crispies but the milk was starting to turn and I couldn’t be bothered to go out for some fresh milk. So I cried instead. Ugh.

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 07-Nov-17 12:16:06

@HebeMumsnet

Terry Wogan died when I was in my first trimester - holy shit I absolutely sobbed for days. It’s not even like I was a mega fan or anything shock

Fwend Tue 07-Nov-17 12:34:09

I cried - properly ugly sobs - every time the Lloyds advert came on when I was pregnant with DD.

I'm 9 weeks now and am dreading the Christmas ads!

timmonswalsh Tue 07-Nov-17 13:49:10

@EastDulwichWife that would send me into as well grin

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 13:59:38

@Fwend Oh Gawd! I hadn't thought about the Christmas ads?! Buys a trolley load of tissues...

ClaireBear1986 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:12:30

Im almost 17w and still suffering with this, but it is starting to calm down a bit more now.

I cried at Geordie Shore in the early stages, and can't quite figure out what would be emotional on that show.

Funny really, the things that set us pregnant women off!!

thumbelina03 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:16:34

I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and I don't normally cry about films, but I watched Lion and I must have got through half a box of tissues. About a week later I took a test and it was positive!

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Nov-17 14:36:42

@TheLegendofBeans <solidarity fist bump> But don't start me off again please!

InRainbows Tue 07-Nov-17 14:48:22

Yup. Balled my eyes out after a Sainsburys shop because someone parked close to my car meaning I had to pack the bags into my non-preferred side of the car?!?

Mascarawandlady Tue 07-Nov-17 15:54:08

I cried last week because the kebab shop man put chilli sauce on my kebab instead of garlic. grin I was gutted at the time.

TriJo Tue 07-Nov-17 15:57:43

26 weeks. Still crying at everything. Fecking hormones!

InRainbows Tue 07-Nov-17 20:09:20

That would have got me @mascarawandlady I've been really craving a kabab but our local shops are rubbish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now