Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone had experience of early contractions (31 weeks)?

(4 Posts)
lovelyjubilly Mon 06-Nov-17 20:13:56

Hi everyone,
Called triage last night and went in to be monitored as I was experiencing what they called 'tightenings'. They sent me home as cervix was closed and I'm not expected to go into labour in the next few days.
Today I have been feeling much the same as yesterday though (feels like mild contractions on-and-off, usually felt in my lower back). Has anyone experienced anything like this? What was the outcome? I obviously want the baby to stay put as long as possible but also can't imagine wanting to feel like this for the next 8 weeks! I'm a bit uncomfortable!

Themummy76 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:34:30

You should time them see if they get more regular
If it was me I would go back and ask for that test which shows whether Labour immient not just rely on the cervix as my cervix went from 0-10 in a few hours

Themummy76 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:36:10

Oh snd I had weeks of early labour contractions (yep weeks!) but mine started at 36 weeks so I didn’t have the early concern. I found baths helped ease them and walking or doing too much made them worse so try and rest up if you can

lovelyjubilly Tue 07-Nov-17 09:13:37

They come and go. At their worst they're about every 5 minutes for 45 seconds, usually in the evenings. But I can also have large parts of the day feeling absolutely fine.

I swing between knowing that I need to take it easy and also knowing that I can't spend the next 8 weeks sat on my backside (I also have a 5yo and 7yo).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: