Talk

Advanced search

Wondering what is going on?

(14 Posts)
Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:16:21

I am very confused as to what is happening with my body. Periods been up the wall but felt weird. Did a first response test / very strong positive. Then a Clearblue digital to try and establish dates and it came back 2-3 weeks pregnant. This was on Thursday. Had no bleeding or cramps but doctor scanned me today - said they had a very good view of uterus and nothing there. Did two strip tests at the doctors and both came up negative. Anyone ideas?!

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:32:35

Umm anyone?

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:01:59

Final bump..

HRoosevelt Mon 06-Nov-17 20:05:17

I am so sorry, not really sure what could be happening? Very early pregnancy loss? I presume they checked no ectopic? So between positive and negative tests was 4 days? I think perhaps chemical pregnancy/early loss is most likely. I am sorry, sounds very confusing and upsetting.

MissFlashpants Mon 06-Nov-17 20:06:00

I’m sorry, I’ve no idea, but I’ll bump for you. Wish you luck!

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:07:38

Thanks. I don’t think they did check ectopic - or if they did they didn’t say. But I think ectopic would have meant a positive on the doctors test anyway?

Howaboutanotherusername Mon 06-Nov-17 21:47:51

i had something similar never really got an explanation apart from maybe it was a very early chemical pregnancy

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:00:50

It sounds like it could be way to early to see anything. Some ladies might get 2-3 weeks on CB as soon as 4-4.5 weeks. The gestational sac is way to small to be seen at that point. You could go back for a scan in 2-3 weeks as at that point, there should be a little blob on the screen (the embryo would be several mm then).

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:02:05

Oh sorry, just read the bit about the tests now being negative. That points to a chemical flowers

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:07:31

The doctors gave me some of their strip tests and said to check every day to see if a line develops or whatever. I just tested now (I know I should have waited for first wee but couldn’t resist) very very faint line. Literally sat on my own hands to resist going and buying a first response...

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:21:28

Oh. Did another one because I’m clearly mental. And it was negative. No trace of a line.

AnUtterIdiot Tue 07-Nov-17 00:53:52

Do them in the morning with your first wee of the day

Shehz21 Tue 07-Nov-17 06:37:50

Do update us OP.

Soulcakequack Tue 07-Nov-17 06:43:45

Op ask your gp for blood test you may need to push a bit. But if you need that extra knowledge for peace of mind it’s ok to ask for it. Sorry your going through such a stressful time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now