Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Wondering what is going on?

(14 Posts)
Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:16:21

I am very confused as to what is happening with my body. Periods been up the wall but felt weird. Did a first response test / very strong positive. Then a Clearblue digital to try and establish dates and it came back 2-3 weeks pregnant. This was on Thursday. Had no bleeding or cramps but doctor scanned me today - said they had a very good view of uterus and nothing there. Did two strip tests at the doctors and both came up negative. Anyone ideas?!

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:32:35

Umm anyone?

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:01:59

Final bump..

HRoosevelt Mon 06-Nov-17 20:05:17

I am so sorry, not really sure what could be happening? Very early pregnancy loss? I presume they checked no ectopic? So between positive and negative tests was 4 days? I think perhaps chemical pregnancy/early loss is most likely. I am sorry, sounds very confusing and upsetting.

MissFlashpants Mon 06-Nov-17 20:06:00

I’m sorry, I’ve no idea, but I’ll bump for you. Wish you luck!

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:07:38

Thanks. I don’t think they did check ectopic - or if they did they didn’t say. But I think ectopic would have meant a positive on the doctors test anyway?

Howaboutanotherusername Mon 06-Nov-17 21:47:51

i had something similar never really got an explanation apart from maybe it was a very early chemical pregnancy

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:00:50

It sounds like it could be way to early to see anything. Some ladies might get 2-3 weeks on CB as soon as 4-4.5 weeks. The gestational sac is way to small to be seen at that point. You could go back for a scan in 2-3 weeks as at that point, there should be a little blob on the screen (the embryo would be several mm then).

JoJoSM2 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:02:05

Oh sorry, just read the bit about the tests now being negative. That points to a chemical flowers

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:07:31

The doctors gave me some of their strip tests and said to check every day to see if a line develops or whatever. I just tested now (I know I should have waited for first wee but couldn’t resist) very very faint line. Literally sat on my own hands to resist going and buying a first response...

Livella13 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:21:28

Oh. Did another one because I’m clearly mental. And it was negative. No trace of a line.

AnUtterIdiot Tue 07-Nov-17 00:53:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shehz21 Tue 07-Nov-17 06:37:50

Do update us OP.

Soulcakequack Tue 07-Nov-17 06:43:45

Op ask your gp for blood test you may need to push a bit. But if you need that extra knowledge for peace of mind it’s ok to ask for it. Sorry your going through such a stressful time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: