Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Birthing ball - what do you do?

(12 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Mon 06-Nov-17 17:58:45

For comfort?
To encourage good baby position?
For posture?

The only thing I can think of is bouncing which is fine but are there other exercises I could try? Tried to Google but silly phone won't load most of the pages/videos.

SomehowSomewhere1 Mon 06-Nov-17 18:27:48

Makes a good foot rest . . .
Book marking place for ideas too...

OnNaturesCourse Mon 06-Nov-17 18:57:04

I've found its comfy to sit against (backed it into a corner) lol

Spam88 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:08:44

I liked kneeling and leaning forward onto it, then swaying my hips from side to side.

midnightflowers Mon 06-Nov-17 19:22:25

Swaying side to side, do a figure of 8 with your hips (midwife did say why but I can’t remember!)

Expectingbsbunumber2 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:24:23

I bounced up and down slowly on it and helped and yes I think the figure of 8 movement was mentioned to me by the midwife too.

AccrualIntentions Mon 06-Nov-17 19:25:48

I mostly just sit on it to watch the tv, it's much easier to get back up from than the sofa. Bounce a bit and do circles or figures of eight sometimes too.

confused123456 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:28:01

I had one in the birth centre. I was encouraged to bounce up and down and move my hips from side to side, to try to break my waters.
It didn't break my waters, but it helped ease the pain a bit.

MenorcaSunrise Mon 06-Nov-17 19:36:02

Same as above. I also found that when my baby was born he was comforted by my holding him and bouncing on the ball! Must have remembered!

Oysterbabe Mon 06-Nov-17 19:36:43

You use it during labour and move your hips around to encourage the baby's head to rub against your cervix and make you dilate evenly.

bathghter Mon 06-Nov-17 19:37:24

when the baby arrives he really enjoys being laid on his tummy on top of it and rolling back and forth.

another bloody pointless thing i bought whilst impatiently waiting smile

OnNaturesCourse Mon 06-Nov-17 19:41:08

Is the figure of 8 done with your hips while sitting on the ball?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now