Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help me to get through the next 5 weeks...

(9 Posts)
NooNooHead1981 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:35:51

...until my 12 week scan.

I'm 7w1d with DC2 and I'm so desperate to have this baby that I have wanted to have for 6 years.

It is such a dream come true but I am totally stressed about not having a job at the moment, still getting over my DB passing away from cancer in August, and an ectopic pregnancy and surgery in March. I don't think I could face something else awful to end the year.

Please help me to feel positive, keep busy and not worry until my 12w scan...

TheHeartOfTeFiti Mon 06-Nov-17 13:45:34

Congratulations, get an early private scan.

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:54:34

If you yold the doctors that your scared and explain to them. They should book you in for a early scan.
Congratulations x

PJsAndProsecco Mon 06-Nov-17 14:04:48

Hey NooNoo, sorry for all you've gone through! I'm 7w2d with DC2 so we can be 1st tri buddies!

EastDulwichWife Mon 06-Nov-17 14:07:26

What a heartbreaking year you've had OP. Congratulations on your pregnancy - that's so exciting.

Hopefully this will be the start of some good luck for you.

NooNooHead1981 Mon 06-Nov-17 14:25:06

Thank you everyone for your kind words. grin flowers

I had an early scan last week at 6w4d and baby was all good with a heartbeat! They scanned me early after my ectopic as they wanted to check it was in the correct place.

I also saw my midwife for a bookimh appmt on Friday, only to drive out of Sainsbury's car park and have some dozy mare drive into the back of me...! hmm My poor car has very minor cosmetic damage but it is ok and I'm getting it fixed this week hopefully.

Yes, I truly hope this is the start of a good period after about 3 years of hell (including a head injury, mental breakdown and drug-induced movement disorder). Honestly, my life has been like a soap opera - you couldn't make it up! wink

Lots of luck and best wishes to all pregnant mums out there - yay PJs - let's be second trimester buddies! Congrats to you too! Is this your first?

NooNooHead1981 Mon 06-Nov-17 14:26:35

I meant 1st tri buddies - and 2nd too! wink

Phryne Mon 06-Nov-17 14:33:49

Come and join an antenatal club for lots of hand holding! I'm due in June maybe you are too? We're chatty and dealing with lots of similar worries. I am right now trying to talk myself out of booking a second early scan after a loss earlier this year...

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs

PJsAndProsecco Mon 06-Nov-17 18:50:07

@NooNooHead1981 this is my second smile there will be just over 3 years between my DD and this baby. I forgot how much I haaaate the first trimester 😩 all the feeling like rubbish and all the worry!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now