Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I panicking over nothing?

(12 Posts)
Ilovechocolate111 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:38:08

Im nearly 9 weeks..
So early hours this morning I went to the loo, when I wiped there was reddy browny discharge. I've been constantly wiping thinking the worse is going to happen but it hasn't happened again yet.
What could it be?
Is it the start of another mc?
Is it normal?
I heard that you could have spotting when your Period is due but I wouldn't be due for 2 weeks.
I am petrified. Can't ring doctors as they are shut. I do have a reassurance scan on Wednesday. confusedconfused xx

Hannah91x Sun 05-Nov-17 10:49:57

I had the exact same from around 6-10 weeks on and off, it was brown blood when I wiped. I went straight in to my EPU and they scanned me and everything was ok - I'm now 31 weeks. They said it was just old blood from my cervix and that brown blood in early preg is usually normal. But I'd still say to get checked out.

Can you go to your early preg unit or call out of hours? I'm sure they'd have you in today.

Hope everything's ok

flowersflowers

Ilovechocolate111 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:00:38

Only a doctor was refer me to epu here. I rang shropdoc with my previous mcs and they didn't help me. Just told me to wait till Monday to see a doctor.
My husband thinks its cuz we had sex yesterday.? Could that be right?
I'm not getting bad cramps. Just what I've had constantly since I've found out I was pregnant lol.
Me and my husband really want another baby and what this one to be a sticky.
I don't think I could go thought another mc. I can cope with the physical pain but not the emotional pain.
Even my eldest (5year old) has said I'm having a baby. (We haven't told anyone)
I'm so scared x

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:03:51

Yes sex can cause this it happened to me at 20 weeks or went from light pink to brown and baby was absolutely fine. Thankfully I had my 20 week scan than day but I was terrified. Spotting can be very common in early pregnancy.

Hannah91x Sun 05-Nov-17 15:02:16

That's what seemed to trigger the brown blood for me, sex! So he could be right. Maybe just try and relax (easier said than done I know), put your feet up and don't do anything too strenuous until you can speak to your doctor and get checked out. I'm sure everything will be ok, brown blood is normally just old blood. Xx

Ilovechocolate111 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:04:43

I've not had any more sporting since 4am so hopefully it was a one off xx

SomehowSomewhere1 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:54:33

I had the same at about 9 wks, now 24 wks and she’s kicking away.

Ilovechocolate111 Sun 05-Nov-17 20:33:26

I have been taking it easy today. Bit hard with 3 kids but doing my best. So far I haven't had any more. Fingers crossed it was a one off xx

Hannah91x Mon 06-Nov-17 10:26:07

@Ilovechocolate111 how are you today? Did you manage to speak with your Dr's? X

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:22:25

@hannah91 I rang Docs this morning and they said it sounds normal and there not panicking. They said to mention it at my scan on Wednesday. I haven't had anymore spotting since. But I'm still waiting for it happen! I even wore a sanitary towel to bed! I petrified sad

Hannah91x Wed 08-Nov-17 22:28:46

@Ilovechocolate111 sorry op I have only just seen your reply. Hope everything went well today at your scan xx

Ilovechocolate111 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:32:56

Hello Hannah. I went for a scan yesterday and there was no heart beat and was measuring 6 weeks pregnant. I hope it's just my dates are off. I prepared myself for the worse anyway. Just got to phone Epas to get a rescanning date. But again I'm still prepared for the worst. My husband is upset he's really quiet and won't speak about it.
The daft sod read the leaflets about what's going to happen next about having a operation to remove everything ect. I'll be fine tho. Thanks for replying xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now