Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are there men on this website?

(14 Posts)
SMCNI1968 Sun 05-Nov-17 02:20:02

Hi all! I’m an expectant father- due date 5 April. I was just wondering if males posted much or if this is all for females? I’m sure I’ll need some advice over the next few months!

CaretakerToNuns Sun 05-Nov-17 02:31:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TashaRomanoff Sun 05-Nov-17 02:35:20

CaretakerToNuns don't be such a dick!!! Hey OP I'm sure if you have any questions it would be fine to ask. There are indeed men on here too.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sun 05-Nov-17 02:39:01

Probably better spots than this for it. Over in chat maybe...

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Nov-17 02:42:00

Yes, there are men on here. There is even a section called Dadsnet, but it’s not very busy. CaretakerToNuns is being sillly and unhelpful. Congratulations on your partner’s pregnancy, I hope you get all the support you need from helpful people.

Thetoothyteeth Sun 05-Nov-17 02:56:25

@smcn just change your name to judybusybody or something for a quiet life and ask all your questions

SMCNI1968 Sun 05-Nov-17 03:09:24

Thanks! I can’t wait! I’m an older dad so it will be strange. My own father died 2 weeks ago so it’s a strange recycling.

EasterRobin Sun 05-Nov-17 04:01:26

Congratulations! Welcome to Mumsnet. Yes the membership of the site is mostly female but there are plenty of men here too. Although as a prior poster said, there might not be many hanging out on the "pregnancy" part of the board. "_Chat" section is used by all for any general conversations/topics.

EasterRobin Sun 05-Nov-17 04:01:37

Congratulations! Welcome to Mumsnet. Yes the membership of the site is mostly female but there are plenty of men here too. Although as a prior poster said, there might not be many hanging out on the "pregnancy" part of the board. "_Chat" section is used by all for any general conversations/topics.

Ameliablue Sun 05-Nov-17 07:46:18

Yes there are men and due to the anonymity of names and abbreviations the are probably far more than people even realise.

TheCatsMother99 Sun 05-Nov-17 07:49:34

It's for women, not for you How rude!!

Yes, there are other men on here though, as others have said, the majority of users tend to be female, especially on the pregnancy boards. I've definitely seen a few men post here and there though on here.

Congratulations!

whataconundrum Sun 05-Nov-17 09:15:10

Don't worry, caretaker is being a dick.

Congratulations....you'll find plenty of men on the site....best of luck with the pregnancy!

User45632874 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:02:19

SMCN, Please ignore that very rude earlier post. Feel free to ask questions, mumsnet can be a whole mine of advice/opinions and I have found it has helped me a lot over the years.

Incidentally, I am expecting dc3, my husband is an older dad and is fab! I have seen several posts from men scattered over the forums who don't mind advice from women or would like a woman's perspective. Yes, I believe there is a forum entitled dadsnet. wishing you all the best.

SomehowSomewhere1 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:05:48

I’ve seen several dads on here asking questions to help their partner and to find out more. I think it’s fantastic that they care so much.

My thoughts are with you over your own dad, and lovely that you can see life cycling through your child to be. An emotional time, but a beautiful one too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now