Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really horrible shooting pains at 30 weeks

(12 Posts)
Peeper13 Sat 04-Nov-17 20:14:33

I’m just looking for some advice and reassurance that this is normal!!

This is my first pregnancy and I’m 30 weeks pregnant, and throughout today I’ve had some really horrible shooting pains that last about 2/3 mins they then go, but then come back every now and again. They’re sort of like a stitch/period pain and just a bit worried and uncertain!

Thank you in advance!!

LumpySpaceCow Sat 04-Nov-17 20:46:57

Ring the delivery suite. Chat it through with them, you need to make sure it isn't early labour.

DeadDoorpost Sat 04-Nov-17 20:47:00

They could just be ligaments listening or the baby on a nerve but anything that doesn't seem normal to you if speak to your midwife about it and see what they say. I've had the same pains today but for me, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow so I know it's my body getting ready. And baby kicking a nerve hmm not the most pleasant feeling is it?

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:00:25

I had this at 24 weeks when I was sitting down and I turned around to get comfy it was a terrible shooting pain so I called up triage and she said it sounded like a stretched a ligament. All was fine

Peeper13 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:03:55

Thank you both!! I never want to sound like I’m panicking over something that could be so silly! She has been sitting on nerves quite a lot recently which take me by surprise haha!

Peeper13 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:05:12

And thank you Expectingbsbunumber2, I had similar at the same sort of time and they said it was ligaments! I’m probably worrying over nothing!!

readyforapummelling Sat 04-Nov-17 21:07:10

Ring Triage, they would always rather you check and it be nothing than you leave it and it be something.

You can call them anytime, day or night. Phone them now.

dantdmistedious Sat 04-Nov-17 21:07:49

Ring them. My early labour started with shooting pains.

It might be nothing it might be something.

JCleRoux Sat 04-Nov-17 21:08:56

Could it be some braxton hicks maybe? Either way my suggestion would be to call your maternity triage. Rather let them reassure you.

Peeper13 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:13:47

thank you all for your advice! I’ll give triage a call!

Mumof41987 Sat 04-Nov-17 21:16:16

Sounds like the dreaded fanny daggers . It's baby on a nerve . Bloody kills and takes ya breath away . I had it terrible during last couple months with all 4 kids . They really really hurt xx

Peeper13 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:21:06

Ohh! Not heard of them before 😬 but yeh sounds very similar to how I felt!! Called triage and they think it could be braxton hicks or ligament stretching, just got to monitor and if I still get pains to go in tomorrow! Thanks for all your help!! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now