Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(5 Posts)
Jamielyn Sat 04-Nov-17 18:55:15

Hi all,

Unfortunately I had a scan the other week and they said they couldn’t find a heartbeat. I have chosen to have a medical management miscarriage where they give you 2 pills. I took one of them on Wednesday and have come back to the hospital today to have the second. I have to stay here for a minimum of 6 hours, but it’s been almost 5 hours since I took the second tablet and nothing has passed. I’m scared to go home and for it to pass there. Has anyone had an experience of this?

Thank you all x

HateHomework Sat 04-Nov-17 19:00:37

Yes I passed one at my first miscarriage 6.5 was pregnant. It was small so physically no pain other than small contractions. It was he emotional impact of seeing it that was the worst

I am really sorry for your loss really wishing you a healthy future pregnancy x

AnUtterIdiot Sat 04-Nov-17 19:05:17

flowers

I didn't have medical management with mine. I had planned to have surgical management but the miscarriage happened naturally the night before in the end. It was OK. I was 12 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 8.

When I realised what was happening I started by sitting on the loo. That was quite uncomfortable for me so my husband put a waterproof tarp on the bed and covered it in towels. I was much more comfortable lying on my back and my husband sorted out the clearing up afterwards. The cramps were painful - like a period but stronger - and it wasn't much fun but it wasn't unbearable. I took the strongest painkillers I had at home to help and basically just rode it out. Will you have someone with you? If not ask someone to come.

You'll need pads afterwards btw - I bled for about 4 weeks, not that heavily but continuously.

It'll be OK. You can do this.

NW10teacher Sat 04-Nov-17 19:16:12

Definitely make sure you have lots of pads (thick ones) and make sure you have someone with you. It is miserable, but you'll get through it - promise.

I sat on the loo for most of my second and brought the radio in so that I had something to listen to and distract me while it was going on. That might sound really weird, but I just found it really helped to have some background noise to focus on.

Nat199082 Sun 05-Nov-17 19:44:52

Sorry to hear this flowers I had a medical management of miscarriage in July and was sat in hospital all day waiting and then finally it started to happen. The pain was pretty intense that I ended up being sick with it (although my pain threshold isn’t great anyway) but I was given an injection for that. I ended up sitting on the seat with a cardboard bucket thing underneath it as it was too much for a pad to take. The nurses came in every time I passed something which felt very invasive for me, I totally understand they are doing their job but I felt I was constantly trying to put a brave face on... eventually after some begging I was allowed home.

I was like you and really scared to be at home as the bleeding stopped for a day then started again and I eventually passed the placenta at home, freaked me out but the midwife at the hospital gave me their number and I just called them and calmed me down and I just went and laid down in my own bed with a big make shift nappy and hot water bottle and waited for it to pass.

My advise would be if you are more comfortable in your own environment then stay at home, in your own space and just ring the Hospital when things start to happen so they can talk you through it. But obviously if you feel more comfortable in Hospital do that, there is no right or wrong it’s whatever feels right for you but there is nothing the Hospital can really do other than try and speed the process up and give you pain relief.

Again, very sorry to hear what your going through there are no words to make it better but just know your not alone flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now