Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best hypnobirthing app?

(13 Posts)
Cathays Sat 04-Nov-17 16:20:27

I did hypnobirthing classes for my first birth and it was wonderful. Going to have a top up this time, but I'd like an app I can listen to easily on my phone/iPad, rather than the CDs. Any recommendations please? There are so many to choose from! I'd like one with a British accent if poss, I need to tame my inner cynic and find a familiar accent helps.

Hulaballoo Sat 04-Nov-17 19:36:57

Id be super interested in this too! 😁

Lozmatoz Sat 04-Nov-17 20:04:24

I asked this a while ago and got no response really. I’ve tried a few apps but haven’t liked them. I’ve managed to find my Marie mongan tracks in an old iPad. You could try and buy the cd on eBay and upload to your phone?

Cathays Sat 04-Nov-17 20:07:42

Good idea, Loz. I have tried the iHypnobirth Lite which was good for a day but is now crashing, loathe to buy the full version as the reviews say it crashes.

Sakura03 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:59:42

I got a free trial on Amazon Audio and downloaded Sophie Fletcher’s Hypnobirthing book. I find some of it useful, it might have been better if I had got it earlier on, I got it when I was nearly 37 weeks and I’m 39 weeks tomorrow. I’m also a ftmtb so have nothing to compare to confused

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Sun 05-Nov-17 14:37:26

I used Maggie Howell’s Natal Hypnotherapy. The mp3 cost £10 and I played it from my iphone. Here’s the website - www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/shop/Effective-Birth-Preparation-1.html

I would really recommend it and would definitely use it again if we have another DC.

Hulaballoo Sun 05-Nov-17 17:12:32

That's great! Do you think it would apply to home births too?

Lozmatoz Sun 05-Nov-17 17:19:55

Hypnobirthing is hypnobirthing @Hulaballoo . I had my first in hospital and my second at home. Having the one at home too, it’ll put you in control. Go for it!

annlee3817 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:44:00

Definitely the Maggie Howell mp3

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Sun 05-Nov-17 18:04:06

Hulaballoo I think once you have learnt the techniques and breathing exercises then you can apply it anywhere. I’ve read some people say they practiced hypnotherapy hoping for a ‘natural’ birth but ended up needing intervention/c-section and the hypnotherapy still helped them in that situation smile

Hulaballoo Sun 05-Nov-17 18:27:46

Just checking, I used a different hypnobirthing cd at home with my 2nd DD (7 years ago) but I've lost my cd... The website mentioned a load of different CDs for different venues so wasnt sure if it was quite specific or not 😁

Hulaballoo Sun 05-Nov-17 19:19:04

Just found there is a specific one for homebirthing on their website https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=hypnobirthing%20home&PN=Effective%2dHome%2dBirth%2ehtml#a9781910756461

Cathays Sun 05-Nov-17 19:38:31

Great tips all. I will keep scouting for an app as I find it's such a faff syncing the phone to the computer. My god, there's a gap in the market if there are any hypnobirthing app developers reading this! If I can't find anything good I'll try the Maggie Howell, thanks Hulaballoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now