Talk

Advanced search

Scared of miscarrying while DH is away

(5 Posts)
lookingforthecorkscrew Fri 03-Nov-17 21:27:33

DH is away for one night tomorrow and I’m absolutely terrified that I’ll miscarry (I’m 7 weeks) while he’s gone and I’m in charge of DS (3). I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in April, on a Saturday night, and I have v low confidence in my body’s ability to carry another baby to term.

Don’t know why I’m posting here. I guess to know I’m not alone.

Also wtf do I do if it does happen and he’s four hours away?!

KalaLaka Fri 03-Nov-17 21:33:03

Sorry you're feeling so stressed. It must be very difficult. if the worst were to happen, you'd be ok. Trust in your own ability to cope.

Can you plan a nice evening with a comedy film to keep your mind distracted, followed by an early night? One night should fly by, then hopefully your anxiety will lessen when it's over.

Could a friend come over?

lookingforthecorkscrew Fri 03-Nov-17 21:39:13

BF is away but I have friends nearby that I could call on if the worst happened. I’m just scared nobody would pick up.

CL1982 Fri 03-Nov-17 23:22:21

Aww my love. I had miscarriage #3 when DH was away in America for work and was terrified of him going away for this pregnancy. I do get it. It won't happen I am sure of it. We're all here if you're worried.

NW10teacher Fri 03-Nov-17 23:50:35

Sorry you're having such a rough time, it is so hard after a MC to have confidence.

I know this doesn't make any difference, but I was in your situation at the start of this year. I had had two MC relatively late in the 1st tri, and DH and I weren't planning to try again immediately. Planning or not, I got pregnant again and was absolutely convinced that I'd lose it. I'm now 32 weeks, expecting twin girls. But I never would have imagined that I could get here - I just felt like I couldn't do it, like my body wasn't able. So try to have confidence, even if it's hard. Sometimes your feelings aren't the best guide, no matter how convinced you are.

Not sure I'm making sense, but take care and big hugs flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now