Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester and I'm not 'blooming'

(24 Posts)
RedBlackberries Fri 03-Nov-17 19:06:49

I'm tired, I'm hormonal and I have zero libido. I look how I feel! I just want to be resting all the time and spend my day eating watermelon and sleeping.

I feel so ungrateful because there are women out there desperate to have children and I'm just grumpily 'getting through' pregnancy.

Anyone else?

Bonelessbanquet Fri 03-Nov-17 19:08:46

Same sad

I’m 27 weeks, spd and hg. No desire to move and hating it. Spent so long to get/have a healthy pregnancy but can’t enjoy it at all which makes me feel terribly guilty!

Pennywhistle Fri 03-Nov-17 19:11:06

You are absolutely allowed to be grump! Being pregnant can be miserable and not everyone “blooms”.

Feeling naturally grumpy and uncomfortable doesn’t negate your joy at being pregnant.

It took us 6 years and two rounds of IVF to get pregnant - that doesn’t mean I skipped through my pregnancy grinning. I spent most of my time in the loo as I was sick about ten times a day.

It’s worth it in the end.
flowers

Pennywhistle Fri 03-Nov-17 19:11:40

Let go of the guilt ladies! You are making a person - it’s hard work!

ThreeMenInAGoat Fri 03-Nov-17 19:11:43

Years ago now but never bloomed in pg. I was tired, my back hurt, a lot. Only good thing was feeling the baby kick, I did like that. I think the blooming thing is a myth, lots of women endure rather than love being pregnant!

KatnissK Fri 03-Nov-17 19:13:11

I never bloomed....I ballooned and that was as close as I got!

OliviaTheFox Fri 03-Nov-17 19:13:28

One week off due date and I hate pregnancy.
Again o always feel shit for feeling grumpy because as you say many people would love to be having their first child, never mind second.
Pregnancy just doesn’t agree with me.

RedBlackberries Fri 03-Nov-17 19:14:45

True penny grin

I'd love to feel a kick but I'm only just into 2nd trimester.

I have a 4 yr old and with her I was happy and blooming and just felt on top of the world whilst pregnant.

seizethecuttlefish Fri 03-Nov-17 19:20:03

I never bloomed with my first and I’m definitely not blooming this time. I keep meeting people who had wonderful pregnancies and I just want to take my hg meds, deal with my horrendous constipation and crawl back into bed(which is the only place I’m not feeling lousy). I’m on week 5 of being off work due to this joyful experience and if another person tells me to think of how happy I’ll be when baby is here, I may squash them with my bloated, pregnant, windfilled belly. Have I mentioned, I’m hormonal? Never mind only 27 weeks and 2 days till my due date!

RedBlackberries Fri 03-Nov-17 19:27:38

Yep I've started the shitting in pellets phase grin.

TakeMe2Insanity Fri 03-Nov-17 21:17:06

Yeah first pregnancy I had all day sickness until 15 weeks then other problems. I viewed as a means to an end. I was shocked to hear a friend say she wished she could go back to pregnancy as it was so lovely!

Currently 15 weeks on anti sickness meds, have a nasty cold, hacking cough and I am miserable. My skin is covered is spots. My pregnancy heat rash is back. Roll on the alive heathy baby hand over is all I can say.

Snoozlecorn Sun 05-Nov-17 16:27:59

I'm 32 weeks with my first and have not bloomed so much as a day! I was so looking forward to the pregnancy experience but definitely just enduring over here like the rest of you!

CheesecakeAddict Sun 05-Nov-17 17:59:55

Yup, I'm at 36 weeks and it has been one thing after another. I am super happy that I got pregnant, but I will be glad when baby is in my arms and no longer jumping on my bladder, making me sick or taking all my nutrients making me constantly exhausted.

PhoenixDown Sun 05-Nov-17 19:25:17

I never 'bloomed' with my first. I felt like crap all the time! Don't enjoy pregnancy really. The only thing I like is feeling moments but only 11ish weeks so none of that yet. I just count down the weeks until it's over!

RedBlackberries Sun 05-Nov-17 19:59:53

I feel bad hearing all your experiences now as I haven't really felt sick. Just exhausted. I'm up and down like a yoyo and having a good pregnancy day today. Work tomorrow though.....

whattobeexpected Sun 05-Nov-17 20:05:57

I feel like whoever suggested the "glowing" stage of pregnancy got their L's and R's mixed up because that is all I seem to be doing! However at 6 months I feel like I have a circus in my stomach which is quite nice!

Chipsahoy Sun 05-Nov-17 21:05:28

I'm 14 weeks. Crippling acid reflux which started after the 6 weeks of nausea finally stopped. Tired. Breathless from low blood pressure which also makes me dizzy.
I'm miserable. Had loads of time of work.

Last two times I don't remember a glow. But I don't think it was this bad..

ohlittlepea Mon 06-Nov-17 08:20:00

8 weeks here. constant nausea. Cant even walk into the veg isle. Touched a raw potato and vommed yesterday. Its hellish so far and Ive got so far to go, But I know itll be worth it.

ClaireBear1986 Mon 06-Nov-17 14:47:06

Glad it's not just me. Ha.
I keep hearing and reading how I should be glowing now I am 16 weeks, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

I still feel sick, constantly exhausted, struggling to eat, awful skin covered in spots and my hair looks greasy and lanky even after washing it.

But oh well, it will all be worth it when I hold my little one in my arms next year smile

1stX Mon 06-Nov-17 16:23:58

I vomited so hard this morning my nose bled. 23 weeks. Hurrah 2nd trimester glow! sad

MulderitsmeX Mon 06-Nov-17 19:46:38

I slept all weekend and am 19+4, hair not swishy and all I want to do is eat and sleep. I'm starting to think this 'bloom' is a myth ...

1987Laura Mon 06-Nov-17 20:13:43

Yip im 14 weeks on wed and i feel total poo. Tired, hormonal and emotional wreck. Need to phone doctor about going back onto anti depressants. 2nd trimester is meant to be the easy one lol

seizethecuttlefish Thu 09-Nov-17 21:33:44

Still not blooming here. Trying to celebrate the small stuff...I had a poo today! Yep, that’s my highlight!!! confused

RedBlackberries Fri 10-Nov-17 12:30:42

I'm now 17 weeks and feeling a bit more human but definetly not blooming grin. I'm just glad I'm not falling asleep standing up anymore!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now