Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stressed after minor car shunt

(6 Posts)
NooNooHead1981 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:16:18

Just got back from my first booking appmt with the midwife which went brilliantly.

Drove out of Sainsbury's car park, sitting waiting to come out of a junction when a silly moo behind me drives into the back of me. No more than a couple of miles an hour but still enough to jolt me back and forth against the headrest.

I'm so scared now. Not just for my pregnancy (I'm 6w5d) but for my poor head - I had a head injury and post concussion syndrome two years ago and it took me until now to feel better again. I don't want my brain to be damaged even more, nor do I want another bloody breakdown because of it.

I just want this pregnancy to go well, and be worry-free. Thanks to the stupid cow today, I'm now utterly worried about eveyrthing.

Please tell me to stop stressing and that things will be ok...

Foggymist Fri 03-Nov-17 14:18:00

Well the baby will be fine, it's tucked low in your pelvis so early, the little shunt in the car won't have bothered it at all.

NooNooHead1981 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:20:31

Yes, I think you are right. Thank you for your reply... it's more me that I'm worried about and my poor head! Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about. sad

lovelystar Fri 03-Nov-17 14:28:52

The babies inside are surprisingly resilient and cushioned so you will be fine! In work yesterday someone ran into me by accident with quite a force it did wind me and hurt my tummy a bit but today at my appointment I heard a nice fast heartbeat and kicks (I'm 24 weeks). As for your head maybe best to get checked out and then ask about baby at the same time smile good luck!

Foggymist Fri 03-Nov-17 14:33:21

Well obviously nobody here can answer re your head given your history which was why I only addressed baby worry.

NooNooHead1981 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:38:20

Of course, this is not a GP's surgery! grin I think I'm prob over-worrying and it is the shock of it. I think baby will be ok, I am just going to try and relax as much as possible over the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now