Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36+6 weeks, early labour?

(4 Posts)
firsttimemum97 Fri 03-Nov-17 10:34:49

For roughly an hour I've had stitch like period pains in my lower left abdomen. It hurts to walk, stand and change position. I'm at work and haven't got my midwife notes which is why I haven't called them. Could it be the start of labour or is it just usual pains? I've had no water breaking or mucus plug that I know of 😳

GummyGoddess Fri 03-Nov-17 10:41:55

I can't tell you if it is labour, but 37 weeks is term so even if you are, don't worry about being "early".

AutumnLeavesandCandleLights Fri 03-Nov-17 10:47:23

I've had those exact pains for the last few days, but they're so severe and painful to the point where it's making me weep, and I'm only 30+5. Been to the hospital and been checked and it's either round ligament pain, or down to the bladder infection I currently have, so not sure if you're in labour or not tbh. Call the triage if you're concerned.

firsttimemum97 Fri 03-Nov-17 12:03:50

Thank you, they lasted about an hour then disappeared for 30 minutes and now it's back. I think the pains lasting too long to be contractions. I might just be getting my hopes up but he's a big baby and I'm only tiny so maybe he's engaging and getting ready. If the pain hasn't stopped by 2pm I'll call the hospital 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now