Talk

Advanced search

sausages

(7 Posts)
CrmbleBee Fri 03-Nov-17 07:33:43

Hello all,

I'm probably being ridiculous, but I just had a sausage baguette from a train station. The café woman heated it up in the microwave- it had been pre cooked- and I'm now worried in case it could somehow be harmful in the first trimester. Do you reckon it's problematic?

JigglyTuff Fri 03-Nov-17 07:34:29

No

dementedpixie Fri 03-Nov-17 07:35:25

It's fine

Ifailed Fri 03-Nov-17 07:36:02

So long as the vendor was following normal food safety procedures, you'll be fine. there will be limit on how long pre-cooked sausages are kept, and how long they are heated for.

TheCatsMother99 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:43:50

You'll be fine.

MarmiteandToast Fri 03-Nov-17 08:09:19

No, don't worry!

The big concern with undercooked meat is toxoplasmosis, but with a processed sausage it will have been precooked to kill the parasite, probably frozen at some point killing the parasite etc so even if it wasnt heated up super hot there's no parasite left!

It's still rare but more likely with super fresh pork at a posh restaurant where it's come from organic piggies, never frozen and cooked a bit rare (yeah apparently pork is served pink now?!)

so absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever!

CrmbleBee Fri 03-Nov-17 16:46:19

Thank you all! Sorry for being silly. 😃

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: