Talk

Advanced search

What's your baby's movements like at 25/26 weeks?

(7 Posts)
AnxietyForever Thu 02-Nov-17 18:42:29

I don't feel like my baby moves that much. I'm 25 + 5. Thank you

SomePeopleAreSoCheeky Thu 02-Nov-17 18:48:17

Every baby is different, you just need to learn your own baby's pattern - placenta placement plays a part in how much movement you feel and if your baby seems like they have suddenly stopped moving as much do get it checked. If it's just a general how much movement should you be feeling, there isn't a set answer it just comes down to your baby and they will have their own routine of waking up and sleeping (their awake time might not be when you are awake either!)
Try not to stress, just trust your instincts and if you feel something is wrong then get it checked flowers

Orangedaisy Thu 02-Nov-17 18:49:29

^what she said.

InThisTogether Thu 02-Nov-17 18:51:17

As long as they haven't decreased FOR YOU (i.e they are the same frequency they have been) then all is well.
If you've noticed a decrease then give your midwife / triage team a call- they never mind.
My baby moved position quite a lot at around this stage so I didn't always feel them in the same place.
There is a free phone app called KicksCount, I can't recommend it enough, it allows you to keep a note of when your baby moves through the day and and keeps a record of the movements over 2 weeks so you can see patterns (e.g mine has 2 busy days then a couple of quieter ones)

thingymaboob Thu 02-Nov-17 19:07:15

My baby is auditioning for the circus. Her movements started getting really strong around 26 weeks and haven't stopped. She's bouncing and swirling around like something possessed! I can see her moving around my abdomen and I'm not even slim!

cherryontopp Thu 02-Nov-17 23:42:18

I'm 25+6 and my movements are getting stronger.
I've had days where he/she has been quiet but generally I get the odd pop and flutter.

Speak to yoir midwife. It's always best to be safe than sorry.

Hannabee123 Fri 03-Nov-17 10:45:02

I hardly felt anything... when I asked my midwife she said from 28 weeks onwards to try and keep track of movement. But didn't seem so worried. I have a front placenta so I tried to keep that in mind and relax. Honestly I didn't feel much until 30 weeks.
33 weeks nearly now and still don't have a pattern or any kind of tracking of movement. All I know is she will move a couple of times each hour or two. In the evening around 9 - 10 she will wake up and start moving loads.
What I would say is of course call a healthcare professional if you are worried but don't put too much pressure on yourself and worry yourself sick over movements just yet. Your baby will get bigger and stronger and it will become more noticeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now