Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not hungry ever and lost 3kg

(8 Posts)
2cats2goldfish Thu 02-Nov-17 16:15:23

So I'm 18 weeks + 3 days. I had a high BMI anyway but since conceiving I have lost 3kgs and don't ever feel hungry. Am I doing any damage?

shhhfastasleep Thu 02-Nov-17 16:21:04

I had terrible hyperemesis. I was hospitalised when I was unable to keep down water. They told me that baby is taking everything so not to worry about her. However, they did what they could to help me, particularly with water. Baby is now 10 and in great nick height weight and development wise.
Keep well and see a doctor for advice if you are worried.

thingymaboob Thu 02-Nov-17 17:27:21

I lost 9kg in first trimester due to hyperemesis. 3kg isn't too bad for 18 weeks. If you're overweight anyway then I wouldn't worry. What % of your body weight is 3kg? My obstetrician is not concerned about my weight loss at all.

NotBurpeesAgain Thu 02-Nov-17 17:51:42

I lost 13kg in the first trimester when I was pregnant with DC1. I was obese (103kg before I got pregnant). Doctors were not concerned and DC1 was a healthy, full-term, big baby.

2cats2goldfish Thu 02-Nov-17 18:30:19

That all makes me feel better thank you all. I haven't had any sickness at all even at the start so can't put the weight loss down to that! I think it's just because I'm eating a lot less than I used to before being pregnant. I will speak to my midwife about it when I next see her. Thank you again xx

thingymaboob Thu 02-Nov-17 19:02:20

My appetite is still low even though my sickness is much better.

DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 23:22:12

I lost 16kg in 7 weeks due to Hyperemesis and at 37 weeks I still don't really feel like eating. I was a bit overweight too so it's not done me any harm. Midwife is fine with me as long as I'm making sure I'm eating something substantial everyday and drinking plenty of fluids. It's difficult. I don't fancy anything. But baby is fine.

Sassy306 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:47:51

I'm exactly the same. I'm 20 weeks and have lost 4kg since becoming pregnant. I was 102kg so not too worried and niether was the midwife at my scan last week. No morning sickness at all I just have no appetite which is unheard of for me lol. I'm not too bad in the morning/lunch but after that I have no interest and when I do eat I feel full really quickly. Baby is healthy and big for my dates so doesn't seem to be doing any harm. I'm still taking vitamins and making sure when I do eat it's healthy as possible. Have you tried making soups? I find it easier to eat and a good way of getting veg in smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now