Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post-section knickers! Recommendations?

(19 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Nov-17 15:06:55

Hullo all. I'm plus sized, carrying twins, and need to buy some comfortable pants that will not rub against my section scar after delivery. I cannot find any "maternity" knickers in my size at all. How much smaller is my belly likely to be following a section? Obviously I'm not going to be the same size as I was before pregnancy. Do I just buy knickers a couple of sizes up from what I'm wearing? No one does disposable briefs in my size - I already checked.

Rinceoir Thu 02-Nov-17 15:08:58

Disposable briefs are horrible anyway! I got some cheap high waisted full briefs from a supermarket, in a size 18 I think (usually a 12-14). They worked fine.

OuchBollocks Thu 02-Nov-17 15:09:19

Just get massive cheap very high waisted ones. I went 2 sizes up from asda. Your belly will stay big for a while until your uterus shrinks and the stretched skin pulls in.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Nov-17 15:14:46

Thanks - that's really helpful! I find the whole maternity wear thing really difficult. Have been spared it up until now (am a size 24 but with a massive tea-tray bum and thighs and relatively flat waist so most of my size 24 clothes had a lot of unused belly space that's seen me through so far) but at nearly 33 weeks have bitten the bullet and attempted to buy some stuff. We'll see...

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 02-Nov-17 15:18:08

I managed with buying massive high waist Tesco pants in a 18. Normally a 16.

SecretLifeOfSam Thu 02-Nov-17 15:29:27

I used Primark high waisted ones and thought they were fab. Good luck flowers

megletthesecond Thu 02-Nov-17 15:31:19

Another vote for Primark high waisted. So much nicer than disposables.

InTheRoseGarden Thu 02-Nov-17 15:37:58

M&S microfibre full brief. Really stretchy and comfortable. took me months to stop wearing them

Topsyloulou Thu 02-Nov-17 16:05:52

Another vote for primark high waisted ones. I'm a 12-14 & got the 18-20 ones. They were so comfortable, wore them a lot longer than I needed to!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Nov-17 16:20:59

Thanks guys. I'm not embarrassed to say that my taste runs to the high-waisted granny pant during non-pregnant times anyway (I like to think don't spoil it for me that it's fine in any situation as long as they're paired with a more alluring bra in the same sort of colour). Will explore options!

theotherendofthesockportal Thu 02-Nov-17 16:24:21

@AnUtterIdiot I got mine from primark. They weren’t maternity pants, I just chose the biggest style of pants they do and bought them 2 sizes too big. The Midwife nodded her approval of them when she was checking my scar.

RubaDubMum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:30:42

I got some Asda high waisted cotton briefs. I didn't have a section but found by the end of my pregnancy I was longing to be in some big knickers grin. I was a 12 at the time and got a 16, they were so fab and comfy I still sleep in them now!
Good luck OP.

ButtMuncher Thu 02-Nov-17 16:36:14

High waisted and cotton if possible. I did get some post section briefs that were nylon and tbh it was fine, but I had a very unremarkable section and healed very quickly.

2014newme Thu 02-Nov-17 16:36:58

Op 2 weeks after section I was same size as pre pregnancy so don't worry!

Rebeccaslicker Thu 02-Nov-17 18:01:38

I was the same - I wore DP's boxers!! So I would say a pack of cheap stretchy boxers, like from burtons or somewhere.

Oh and get black ones. It isn't going to be pretty however careful you are! smile

Rebeccaslicker Thu 02-Nov-17 18:02:07

(I mean with the pp bleeding, NOT the sight of you in the pants!!!)

Phillipa12 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:09:46

Primark high waisted pants in a size larger for me too, perfect!

mummabubs Thu 02-Nov-17 18:25:04

Yet another vote for primary high waisted ones- I bought them when I was told I'd probably need a section- in the end I had a vaginal delivery but forceps and episiotomy. I'm wearing a pair of the Primani pants now and they're v comfortable!!

Hairgician Thu 02-Nov-17 20:25:53

Currently wearing Tesco granny knickers 😂😂 soo comfy! I went 2 sizes up so will do me for a while (nearly 14wks)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now